|“||Who gives a jack shit about fate? I'll lay down the future with my bare hands, first order of business... kicking your ass!||„|
|~ Koji to Exen|
|“||To answer your question, I don't have an answer. There are really only two things I go by... one, there are no rules as a freelancer none of that shit sticks to me. Two, only trust your instincts and be one with the plan, carve your own path even when facing death in the eyes, continue to free yourself from your limits known as fate. If I don't do that, I'm not myself, making Koji Komatsu long dead, even so... I'm a nobody, a freelancer, a vagabond.||„|
|~ Koji addressing Exen|
Koji Komatsu (
Straight into Ark comes Koji, a stoic vagabond with an ideology that only benefits himself, who sets out on a journey to find himself. Arrogant with volatile tendencies, his debut in Ark leaves him to fend for himself. Although, this doesn't prove easy, as his reliance on instinct supported by his lack of knowledge leaves him to wonder the Ark aimlessly. At his essence, Koji is a lost individual on his way to find meaning, partaking in a story that embarks on self-discovery. A route that branches off from his father's absence into the idolization of him because he was the only one he could look up to. Incorporating that vagabond aesthetic that his father displayed into his morality. Disassociating himself from everything because that's all he knows; trusting no one but himself while also straying away from humanity's nature of association and teamwork.
Koji is an arrogant, oblivious vagabond with volatile tendencies, a character deprived of self-worth and self-care, prioritizing others over himself and discrediting any efforts he makes. While Koji may seem like a misunderstood, admirable guy, he manages to escalate situations and generally cause trouble. Stemmed from a poverty stricken background, Koji remains ignorant to the point of lacking common sense. Although he became more knowledgeable through his Ark debut, Koji continues to lack self-awareness. Due to his inept social skills and minuscule vocabulary, Koji remains naturally predictable and tone-deaf, often regarded as shallow. Despite his overall lackluster demeanor, Koji is accepting, acknowledging anyone regardless of their background.
As a liberated idealist with no insight of honor or dignity, Koji tends to overestimate his abilities without the sense of shame handicapping his ignorance. Often leading him to "make-it-up as he goes," which is him rushing into things without a plan. Koji does what he does without any consideration and thought, being a naïve and idealistic force. A competitive person, Koji frequently challenges his party members to spars, using it as a way to better himself while growing closer due to being in the "heat of the moment." Being in a supernatural world makes him more Koji susceptible to challenge anyone he deems formidable. A stereotypical brute who uses power and tactless method of approaching situations to convince himself that he possesses some sort of influence. Koji manages to trick himself by inflating his rather fragile ego, and due to being someone who responds negatively when criticized, Koji can be read as open like a book.
Like a vagabond, Koji remains to stick with his anarchic lifestyle, going by as an adventurer with his guild, taking up quests whenever. Partaking in a danger ridden organization that sends adventurers to take on powerful foes. Soon enough, Koji finds himself able to take down powerful enemies, to his surprise managing to fit in with the Guild Organization, building up a name for himself as the Dismal Vagabond. Following what he does best, Koji manages to make a living off tackling powerful foes as a part of his free nature, fending off against any oppressive force that disturbs his peace. Possessing a great disdain for authority, Koji himself discredits the efforts of law enforcement regarding them as jokes, his hatred stemming from their various injustices. Glimpses at his previous living conditions, Koji has quite the track record of going against law enforcement, always initiating fights and wrongdoing, such as stealing food for his sister's sake.
A general benevolent delinquent who makes sacrifices for his family, Koji usually rubs off that impression with his tendency of resorting to violence when angered, taking his mother's caring nature and his father's ruthless and uncouth demeanor. Koji is a caring person and has an unorthodox way of showing such, whether it's through violence or acknowledgment through combat. Despite being portrayed someone as a misunderstood "protective brother," who manages to do no good, well think again... Koji's debut into Ark has tested his morality and thought process, showcasing time and time again that he simply does what he desires. While he doesn't do the most outlandish stuff like Phoenix Runihura, he manages to kill multiple different people and animals for experience if needed and will not hesitate to do so. Not being on a definite category of good or evil, Koji tends to find himself in either category on multiple occasions, being compared to an animal that protects its own kin and kills for sustenance, something which is suggested by his lack of hypercognitive thinking. Setting the foundation for Koji's moral code, his qualms on killing are defined by a cold and necessary ideology whether something is a "necessary kill," varying on what at stake in the current situation.
Koji often reminisces about all the stuff he has accomplished with his friends and will go out of his way to help them, seeing more value in the relationships than his own safety, leading him to multiple near death experiences to protect them. Tendencies Koji manages to keep is not learning from his mistakes, often repeating the same blunders without consideration of their complications. Another mistake being his reliance on instinct and reflexes rather than making use of his intellect. While he gradually matures, starting to grasp the repercussions of these habits. Koji still falls short as he tries to improve on his lonesome, disregarding his friends and family, isolating himself each in every time for the sake of growth. Koji is a selfish vagabond, seeing the answer to a majority of questions is to sever his connections for a self-driven path, propaganda his father displayed which pushes self-isolation for growth. Koji's biggest enemy is himself in that regard, his failure to realize the error of following his father's path of becoming a vagabond, the realization he doesn't have to be alone like his shortcoming father.
Despite being a hybrid between a Dragon and a human, Koji possesses a rather stereotypical human appearance. However, due to Koji's half-dragon physiology, he can transform into a massive 125-meter dragon. Standing at around five feet, ten inches, covered in a ragged cloak and scarf comes Koji Komatsu, a slender man who came from a poverty-stricken background, who goes around carrying a katana. Possessing long black hair tied into a ponytail and bangs that extend past his chin combined with his tattered cloak, Koji's unique attire makes him easy to distinguish. A toothpick would be somewhat of an accurate description, but on the contrary, Koji retains some sort of muscle mass, being able to lift decently large objects.
Due to being partially Dragon, Koji doesn't have a tail or a scaly texture on his skin, looking completely human. While Koji doesn't take himself too seriously, he is often portrayed as a carefree and almost goofy figure as the mix-match of his strange attire, proper posture, and his feminine hairstyle, which give people a mixed message. While looking completely homeless, it doesn't warrant how carefree he is perceived, considering how well his appearance was conditioned. Possessing gracious locks of hair and a healthy posture would automatically give off a high maintenance impression, something that would call for delicate care and strict regiments. Possessing dark indigo eyes encompassed by a narrow squint accompanied by his glistening skin, Koji remains somewhat attractive. While not shown much, Koji possesses a pristine white smile that lightens any mood and a gentle voice that melts away anyone's worries, Koji is a person with wasted charms inherited by his charming father.
While in Athanatos Form, Koji's appearance doesn't undergo any significant change besides his iris changing to a scarlet hue. Due to his physiology shifting from a humanoid dragon into a demonic dragon, Koji emits an unholy aura and passively breaks down nearby matter. The atmosphere displayed while in Athanatos, however completely changes as Koji's survival instinct reaches its peak, as he deems anyone and everyone as threats to his very being. Striking an ominous and menacing stare, Koji's "homeless" attire is brought out by the nitty-gritty atmosphere brought through his symbiotic fusion, which warrants the name "homeless man" from various characters.
After one google search, the name Koji (
Through lackluster research and me thinking the name sounded "cool," after a google search, the word Koitsu (こいつ) means "this" or "this guy" while Kotatsu (炬燵) is a wooden table frame covered by a futon. Not wanting to use that kanji for the meaning of Kotatsu, I turned to Tamaki Kotatsu's name, which featured different characters (古達), upon searching it, up it meant "old people" in google. To follow the naming scheme of all of Koji's name containing "小," it resulted into me changing the first character of "古" to "小" which meant "small" changing it into "小達," which meant "small people" or "children." Stringing together the name resulted in Koitsu Kotatsu (こいつ小達), which now meant "this little fellow." Koji's name was given to him by his peers at school which was used to mock him, but due to his poor understanding of the word, he mistook it for a friendlier meaning. Similar enough to how Deku is handled in my hero academy, Koji essentially is taking a word and giving it a new connotation that references how he utilizes his soul of the past as a weapon referring to it as "an old friend."
Though lackluster research and the few searches that transpired on google, Himitsu (ひみつ) means "secret," while Kojima (小島) means "small island," creating the meaning "secret small island." This is a bit of vague foreshadowing as Koji gives himself this name to disguise himself during his guild registration but ends up on a small remote island many arcs later, which is supposed to be symbolism of the future in some way.
Beginning of Series | Academy Debut | Guild Registration | Pre-Athanatos | Post Athanatos
Tier: At least 9-C, higher with Equipment. 9-B, higher with Skills | 8-C, higher with Skills. Varies with Hitoshikunai Ichigeki | 8-B, higher with Skills, up to 8-A with Amps. Varies with Hitoshikunai Ichigeki | Low 7-B, higher with Skills & Anti-Magic, up to 7-B with Amps. Varies with Your Turn & Hitoshikunai Ichigeki | Low 7-B, higher with Skills & Anti-Magic, 7-B with Amps. Varies with Your Turn & Hitoshikunai Ichigeki. Low 7-B in Athanatos, higher with Skills & Anti-Magic, up to 7-A with Amps. Possibly up to 6-C with Ninth Purgatory. Varies with Your Turn & Hitoshikunai Ichigeki
Name: Koji Komatsu, Koitsu Kotatsu, Kojima Himitsu, Koji Komatsu-Ferre, Tohru Rip-off, Little Dragon Knight, Prince of End, Nibiru's Ward, Yami no Koitsu, Homeless Man, 小松故事,こいつ古達, こいつ小達, やみ の こいつ
Origin: Ark: Roleplay
Classification: Dragon-Human Hybrid, Knight Class, Dismal Vagabond, Prince of End, Self-Inflicted Depravity, Athanatos, "Cool"
Powers and Abilities:
Information Analysis (The “Observe” skill allows the user to select a target and analyze them, providing fundamental information about the target, such as their name and level), Air Manipulation (Koji is inclined to the wind element, due to such affinity Koji can utilize wind-based attacks with ease. Can generate large gusts of wind with his attacks and through the utilization of “vorpal” skills), Magic (Is able to manipulate and project spiritual energy into magic, being naturally inclined to the wind and dragon element), Proficient Hand-to-Hand Combatant (Koji possesses a self-made way of fighting, consisting of unusual movement patterns reminisce of breakdancing with bits and pieces of various martial arts such as capoeira and taekwondo to create an unpredictable fighting style), Fire Manipulation & Breath Attack (Dragons naturally possess the ability to breathe and project fire), Acrobatics (Koji is capable of maintaining his balance on any surface regardless of its terrain. Possessing a thin frame and inhuman flexibility; Koji on several occasions displayed full control of his body's movement and momentum, utilizing it to his full advantage by combining it with his method of fighting), Clairvoyance (Dragons can perceive someone's senses as their own), Expert Swordsman (Utilizing erratic movement and experimenting with multiple Japanese sword techniques, Koji managed to create a sword style that complements his "make it up as you go" mindset. Relying on his technical skill derived from other styles such as kendo along with his decades of experience), Paralysis Inducement (Can utilize the “Shield Bash” skill, which on hit has a 50% of inducing stun onto its target), Attack Reflection (Koji can return upcoming damage and attacks with the “Counter” skill. Can reflect skills regardless of the nature of the attack; once reflected possession), Life Manipulation (Regains 15% of the damage inflicted with the Black-Steel Blade as health), Invisibility (Dragons can temporarily become invisible, even to sensory abilities), and Transformation (Dragons have immense control over their bodies, being able to change their shape, size, or appearance, and can even disguise themselves as humans)
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception (Dragons can sense Mana and Magic-based skills from long distances), Accelerated Development (Leveling; Physical Stats, Intelligence, and Abilities. The intelligence of humans passively increases every week, and they develop skills much faster than other species), Flight, Damage Boost (Dragons inflict 50% more damage against other dragons), Limited Mind Manipulation (Koji possesses a trait that makes it virtually impossible to abandon him, altering the target's mindset to prevent the participant from doing something that would be considered abandonment to Koji. Possesses a natural inclination towards the dragon element; a unique element that mimics the properties of other elements, scaling damage according to the intelligence of the target), Empowerment (Dragons receive a 25% parameter boost while around species inferior to themselves, applying to those with a lower species rank than the user), Statistics Reduction (The parameters of a dragon are reduced by 25% while around species superior to themselves, applying to those with a higher species rank than the user), Regeneration (Mid-Low; Even low-level dragons can regenerate from small wounds, minor internal damages, and burned skin), Longevity, Photographic Memory (Koji possesses Hypothermia and can recall every moment he has experienced within the Ark)
Unconventional Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (The souls of reincarnates are stored in a dimension separate from their physical bodies, untouchable unless the attacker can bypass the barrier between them). Resistance to Power Absorption, Power Modification, and Power Nullification (Skills are inscribed into the soul which resists any outside interference unless the interference is stronger than the soul's defenses), Fear Manipulation (Skills that induce or trigger Koji's fight or flight response has its effectiveness cut in half), Magic (All magic-based attacks have their potency halved due to Koji’s physiology), Status Effects, Poison, and Disease (Dragons are naturally resistant to poisons and status effects, effects such as doom, sleep, corrosion, degeneration, skill surge, time absorption, parameter drain, etc), Conceptual Manipulation (Type 4; Can resists attacks to the Concept of Koji Komatsu, which is kept in check and protected further by the Program, Stacy), Radiation Manipulation (Unaffected by the intense gamma radiation from Ark’s sun Lalatina), Conceptual Erasure, Information Manipulation & Data Manipulation (Information, and thus Data, is inscribed within the concept of one’s source and being, unable to be interfered with unless the interference can bypass one’s conceptual resistances)
All Previous Abilities, Thread Manipulation (Can unravel portions of his souls into a thin, flexible, and indestructible thread of string, which he can use bind and support himself and allies; can halt or assist with movement, absorb or infuse mana into those bound by it, or even physically pull out souls), Soul Manipulation, Summoning (Can distribute portions of his soul and project them into various weapons. Additionally can summon members of the Ferre Family, including all of Rosa Ferre's Familiars), Non-Physical Interaction (His utilization of Astral weaponry allows for the interaction between spiritual beings), Statistics Absorption (Can utilize “Hitoshikunai Ichigeki” skill, which on hit reduces the target's parameters and stats by a fourth and amplifies the user's stats by the degree of statistics reduction; essentially, Koji can absorb a fourth of a target's stats), Duplication (Can create clones using portions of his soul; the clones themselves share the same stats as Koji but are ultimately limited in quantity due to the abundance of mana required to give them physical properties), Statistics Amplification (Possesses the “Mental Blade” skill, which allows the user to amplify their attack-power by five), Durability Negation (Can interact with souls, ignoring conventional durability), Teleportation, Power Mimicry (Koji can replicate and copy skills and techniques after a quick glance, able to do so without meeting the requirements to execute said skill and resistances that prevent this), Body Puppetry (Koji can maneuver and control his body like a puppet by unraveling his soul into astral cords in which he controls through clones. Koji can bind his target and control them in the same way as a puppeteer), Blood Projection and Self-Sustenance (Manifested the skill “Circulation rewrite,” which allows Koji to create circulation without the need of oxygen, allowing him to indefinitely create ki. Can utilize “Circulation rewrite” to circulate draconic energy from his blood to temporarily morph a part of his body into a dragon limb)
All Previous Abilities, Multiple Selves (Type 2; Koji possesses two souls, utilizing two souls at his dispense, being able to summon them as a weapon of his choosing), Immortality (Type 2; Capable of surviving being impaled by multiple spears and went on to continue to fight a battle while in critical conditions. Koji can fight for several hours while sustaining significant blood loss with ease, simply being able to brush off fatal injuries through willpower), Supernatural Willpower (Koji possesses an intransigent will that allows him to disregard fatal injuries and other physical limiters that prevent him from doing whatever he pleases. Stubborn remains as an understatement, as Koji managed to preserve this will to the point of idiocy and complete ignorance, completely defying expectations and ideals), Spiritual Perception (Can perceive souls and spirits, along with spiritual energy)
All Previous Abilities, Fire Manipulation (Koji withstood the intense heat of “Inferno Purgatory” up close without sustaining heavy burns, an advanced fire spell surpassing around 1,700 Kelvin with ease), Possession (Rejected Tommy's attempt at a spiritual hijack of one of his clones, which are individual portions of Koji's soul), Void Manipulation (Koji was unaffected by the void properties of Exen’s magic, completely tanking constructs made from nothingness)
All Previous Abilities, Statistic Amplification (Koji possesses the “Mental Blade” skill which allows Koji to amplify his attack-power by five and clear his mind. Additionally, Astral Armor allows Koji to coat himself with a layer of spiritual energy derived from his soul, which amplifies his defense and deflects non-spiritual attacks), Past Modification (“Ubiquitous Battlecry”; a skill that creates a dichotomy of the target's past and present, which in turn allows the user to ignore aspects of one's history, essentially ignoring passives, preemptive skills, and even experience gained. This allows Koji to ignore results of the present that was set up through the past such as the build-up of experience, which in turn can reduce a target to level one), Explosion Manipulation (“Ignite”; Can manifest explosions by imbuing his mana into objects, essentially turning them into bombs)
All Previous Abilities, Limited Invulnerability & Power Nullification (“Twin Ichigeki”; All single-hit action skills and attacks that inflict damage that surpasses the threshold which is 100% of Koji's current health will be voided, essentially allowing Koji to null all attacks that one-shot him. Can only die from a series of attacks that gradually reduce his health to zero, an example being a 20-hit attack that deals 5% of Koji's health. Multi-hit skills will register damage only if the first hit doesn't insta-kill. While “Twin Ichigeki” is active, any attacks Koji inflicts that doesn't one-shot will be nulled), Empowerment (“Anima’s Sheath” amplifies Koji's parameters by three when holding a sword. Additionally, “Abysmal Champloo” increases Koji's attack by 35% permanently for each debuff he receives. “Voyager's Amalgam”; Koji's parameters are increased by 135% when in unfamiliar territory), Statistics Amplification (“Vagabond's Champloo” allows Koji to receive a 75% boost to his attack, furthermore doubling all physical damage inflicted), Instinctive Reaction (“Voyager's Amalgam”; When in a familiar setting, Koji has a 45% chance of evading attacks instinctively), Durability Negation (All attacks have a five percent chance of bypassing defense), Precognition (Koji can measure the trajectory, speed, and aim of any attack perfectly, allowing him to predict movement during combat, as well as possessing photographic memory, which he can take advantage of to recall and replicate skills and attacks previously used against him), Pain Manipulation (Koji possesses the “Betrayal of Fate” skill, which reflects any pain Koji would have received and sends it back at the attacker), Status Effect Inducement (All of Koji's attacks have a 10% of inflicting “Fated Change.” The “Fated Change” status on hit completely alters the target's thought process, which in turns confuses the target), Acausality (Type 2; Koji only exists in the present)
All Previous Abilities, Unconventional Resistance to Pain Manipulation (Koji possesses “Betrayal of Fate” a passive skill which disables pain for the user, furthermore Koji has his pain receptors impaired making it physically impossible to perceive pain.) Resistance to Fate Manipulation & Probability Manipulation (“Betrayal of Fate” grants the user immunity to all probability and fate-changing skills, rending Koji invulnerable to such), Elemental Manipulation (All elemental attacks will have their damage reduced by 85% elements included are light, darkness, holy, unholy, nature, fire, water, ice, lightning, earth, and dragon. Furthermore, the elements earth, water, and fire receive additional damage mitigation of 10%), Physical Damage (The passive “Vagabond’s Champloo” decreases all physical damage by 45%, which includes physical attacks and the usage of physical weapons such as swords, knives, etc), Analytic Prediction (“Mental blade” clears the user's mind, renders Koji in an objective state of mind which strips Koji of all his mental boundaries, doing so allowing Koji's actions to be unpredictable in the sense that Koji's movements are transparent due to his hypercognitive thinking), Death Manipulation (Remained completely fine while under Doom, which would have induced death upon Koji after a certain amount of time elapsed, provided as a side-effect of “Twin Ichigeki”), and One-Shot (“Twin Ichigeki”; All single-hit action skills and attacks that inflict damage that surpasses the threshold which is 100% of Koji's current health will be voided, essentially allowing Koji to null all attacks that one-shot him. Can only die from a series of attacks that gradually reduce his health to zero, an example being a 20-hit attack that deals 5% of Koji's health. Multi-hit skills will register damage only if the first hit doesn't insta-kill)
All Previous Abilities, Corruption (Type 2 & 3; can turn living beings into distorted husks of darkness with a touch of his astral weapons, converting their entire being down to the soul into beings devoid of life), Darkness Manipulation & Anti-Magic (After having one of his souls blighted and corrupted, Koji can utilize and project dark and anti-magic), Statistics Amplification (Can draw power from the anti-magic from his blighted soul, essentially amplifying his strength the same way normal magic would), Durability Negation & Transmutation (“Nine Circles” ignores defense when Koji's mana is absorbed allowing him to turn the receiver into a bomb)
All Previous Abilities, Reactive Power Level (Koji possesses “Hold your head high”, which at the cost of all passive skills, allows Koji to undergo an evolution that scales their skill, parameters, and mental intuition with their opponent. Additionally “Your Turn” scales the user's attack value to those within proximity of him, essentially allowing his attack to increase by the value of attack of all nearby people at the cost of his defense), Morality Manipulation & Mind Manipulation (“Your Turn” inflicts taunt on nearby people, which demoralizes them into attacking Koji regardless of resistances), Reactive Evolution (“Take a Chance”; The user has a 50% chance of manifesting a trait or skill that overcomes the user's current situation when suffering from an attack that deals over 15% of the user's current health. The ability or skill manifested is perfectly tailored to counter and overcome whatever situation the user is in. Custom Classes manifest and develop skills and traits that use the foundation of basic classes and combine it with the user’s desire, creating skills and passives that suit the user’s playstyle and desire. Created various skills and abilities based on his sole desire of being able to last in a fight, manifested “Twin Ichigeki” based on his desire to avoid getting one-shotted again. Furthermore, manifested the passives “Your Turn”, “Hold your head high”, and the skill “Ubiquitous Battlecry” as ways to amplify his power and finish off Exen)
All Previous Abilities, Madness Manipulation (Type 3; Observed Phoenix Runihura without being affected by his passive which would have drove him into suicide), Causality Manipulation (Gained the resistance to causality manipulation as a side-effect the “Imperial Advisor” skill, which grants resistances to people when hearing a detailed explanation of how a certain skill or ability works by the Imperial Advisor herself), Corruption (Due to Koji already possessing a blighted soul, he can't get corrupted anymore due to already being corrupted)
- Base: All Previous Abilities, Causality Manipulation (Possesses the passive “Damage Reversal”; After receiving damage, Koji can revert his health to a point before the damage was administered, completely erasing the effect. This effect occurs every five seconds, unless the user dies), Ki Manipulation & Energy Projection (Through experimenting with techniques utilized against him, Koji managed a way to utilize Ki despite not knowing what it was to begin with, allowing him to project it. Koji can project his Ki into a condensed point and use his weapon as a medium to materialize the skill “Single Mist”), Fusion (Can assimilate his multiple souls into his body increasing his strength greatly), Energy Absorption, and Death Manipulation (Can utilize the "Crimson Edge" skill which absorbs mana from whatever it makes contact with, inducing death onto its target due to mana being one of the key elements necessary for life)
- Athanatos Form: All Previous Abilities, except Magic (The Anti-Magic energy stored within his body erases any trace of mana, therefore restricting his ability to use traditional magic) and Guild Skills (Koji while in Athanatos form possesses a different class, which disables every “Dismal Vagabond” related skills and passives.), Resistance Negation (Can strip the target of their resistances with the “Fatal Risk” skill at the cost of half of his current health; passively removes the resistances of those suffering from any type of status effect), Status Effect Inducement (All of Koji's attacks now inflict “Degeneration” and “Status Depravity”), Immortality Negation (When Koji induces “Degeneration” he has a 50% of ignoring the victims immortality), Rage Power (Taking the anger and anguish Koji experienced through death and empowering himself with it, lashing out on any regardless if friend or foe)
- Base: All Previous Abilities, Limited Resurrection (When Koji is killed, his secondary blighted soul assimilates itself into Koji's corpse, taking control while also reviving him. The fusion itself grants an increase in strength and alters his physiology turning him into an undead demonic-dragon), Immortality (Type 1 & 3; Through "Athanatos Transformation," which is a corrupted symbiosis, which takes place upon death. Upon the activation, Koji is revived jumpstarting his health to a single point while granting the undead status effect for as long as he stays in Athanatos Form. Koji's connection to the concept of time was severed, meaning he is no longer bound to time. As a result, his time is permanently frozen as he can no longer be affected by it)
- Athanatos Form: All Previous Abilities, minus Limited Invulnerability & Power Nullification (Koji loses “Twin Ichigeki”; which essentially allows Koji to null all attacks that one-shot him), Reactive Power Level (Koji loses “Hold your head high” and “Your Turn”), Morality Manipulation & Mind Manipulation (Koji loses access to “Your Turn,” which inflicts taunt on nearby people, a status that demoralizes them into attacking Koji.) Unholy Manipulation (The modification of his physiology allows the user to manipulate unholy energies as apart of his newly acquired demonic power), Regeneration (Low-Mid; Koji regenerated from his entire body from the waist down being destroyed in mere seconds), Matter Manipulation and Deconstruction (As a part of Koji's demonic physiology, he can passively decay nearby objects)
- Base: All Previous Abilities, Time Manipulation (Koji had his conceptual connection to time severed from his being, essentially meaning Koji is unbound by time. Due to this Koji no longer is affected by the higher-dimensional concept and will no longer age, nor be affected by time-based attacks), Sense Manipulation & Perception Manipulation (Permanently manifested the Clear Mind status from "Mental Blade" for the sole reason to never re-experience Ayaka's sense manipulation ever again, due to how little control Koji had over his situation)
- Athanatos Form: All Previous Abilities minus Causality Manipulation (“Imperial Advisor” loses its influence due to the resurrection of the advisor herself, resetting the effect entirely), Fate Manipulation & Probability Manipulation (Koji loses access to “Betrayal of Fate,” which grants the user immunity to all probability and fate-changing skills), Elemental Manipulation (Koji loses access to “Vagabond Champloo,” which reduces the damage taken by all basic elements), Physical Damage (Koji loses “Vagabond’s Champloo,” which decreases all physical damage by 45%, which includes physical attacks and the usage of physical weapons such as swords, knives, etc), One-Shot (“Twin Ichigeki”; All single-hit action skills and attacks that inflict damage that surpasses the threshold which is 100% of Koji's current health will be voided, essentially allowing Koji to null all attacks that one-shot him. Can only die from a series of attacks that gradually reduce his health to zero, an example being a 20-hit attack that deals 5% of Koji's health. Multi-hit skills will register damage only if the first hit doesn't insta-kill). Resistance to Unholy Manipulation and Darkness Manipulation (Due to his demonic physiology, Koji is unaffected by unholy energy and darkness and instead can project it)
Attack Potency: Street Level (Koji possesses an attack value similar to Zach Dowell, who at the time managed to fend off against a hoard of gray wolves ~3840 joules), higher with Equipment (Equipment grant's the user various boosts to their overall stats. Due to Koji having access to full body armor, a shield, and a black steel sword, all of Koji's parameters were amplified accordingly, increasing his defense and attack at the cost of his speed). Wall Level (Stronger than before. Capable of fending for himself against a group of drunks that featured a humanoid bison which should be comparable to its real-life counterpart. ~56306 Joules), higher with Skills (Skills are the projection of unique attacks, which are complex and intricate abilities that typically inflict damage based on the user's attack. Skill abilities are usually more potent attacks that can be used at the cost of mana or stamina). | Building Level (Comparable to his durability, was able to survive an explosion at Ataraxia academy. Koji fought against low-level mandrakes and salamanders who can ravish through small villages ~0.77 Tons), higher with skills (Koji possesses multiple magical and physical skills that dish out damage higher than his attack. Koji's magic is more potent than his physical attacks, being able to take down more ferocious foes he wouldn't be able to fend off against physically), can ignore durability by ignoring defense and cutting the soul. | At least City Block Level (Stronger than before. Comparable to his durability, being able to tank Azalea Aculeus's attacks with proper mitigation from his passives ~35.49 Tons), higher with Skills, up to Multi-City Block+ with Amps (Koji possesses various skills that amplify his strength. Can utilize "Mental Blade," to amplify his attack potency by five, additionally can benefit from "Anima Sheath's" ability to further increase his power by three times when wielding a sword. Koji was able to inflict fatal damage onto Exen Malediction's clone which possesses a fourth of his power. 35.49 ~ 984.84 Tons), Varies with Hitoshikunai Ichigeki (Koji can absorb one-fourth of the target's level adding to Koji's, essentially amplifying his strength by the degree stolen value), can ignore durability by ignoring defense and cutting the soul. | Small City Level (Stronger than before. Attack potency scales off the attack modifier that included with Nine Circles ~1.34 Megatons), higher with Skills & Anti-Magic (Can essentially project Anti-Magic in the same way as magic and utilize it to amplify his own physical capabilities, in the same method that magic can amplify statistics. Manifested "Nine Circles," which is a magic skill which inflicts damage equal to 2235% of Koji's base attack. Was capable of erasing Jade Swamps from the map along with a nearby goblin army while utilizing Nine Circles" ~29.94 to 789.67 with Nine Circles), up to City Level+ with Amps (Possesses various passive abilities and skills that increase Koji's attack power. Koji was able to inflict minor damage to Exen Malediction with various amps. Koji's attack varies due to the different combination of amps and skills and depends on various factors such as the terrain and Koji's weapon of choice. ~1.34 to 65.32 Megatons). Varies with Your Turn & Hitoshikunai Ichigeki (Your Turn; Koji at the cost of all his previous passive amps can increase his strength by the degree of the nearby people, allowing Koji's attack potency to grow by the attack value of people within proximity), can ignore durability in various ways, such as bypassing durability, voiding durability, transmutation, and cutting the soul. | Small City Level (Stronger than before. Slightly stronger due to level progression, and the manifestation of new skills and abilities), higher with Skills & Anti-Magic (On a greater scale, Koji can essentially project Anti-Magic in the same way as magic and utilize it to amplify his own physical capabilities, in the same method that magic can amplify statistics. Koji possess more potent skill attacks), City Level+ with Amps. Small City Level in Athanatos (Athanatos Form amplifies Koji's parameters by two point five times; additionally, this form alters Koji's biology replacing his human side with a stronger physiological race ~3.35 Megatons), up to Mountain Level with Amps (Was able to inflict minor damage against Valorant Ainiku before being knocked out ~3.35 to 150.75 Megatons), higher with Skills & Anti-Magic (Stronger on a greater scale. Possesses a stronger version of Nine Circle, involving the combination of amps to create an even more volatile explosion ~74.87 Megatons to 3.3 Gigatons with Circles of Hell). Possibly up to Island Level with Ninth Purgatory (A further evolution to "Nine Circles" being an evolution to Circle of Hell by incorporating the "Broken Ideology’s" ability to quadruple damage output. Attack value with a limit of ~13.48 Gigatons). Varies with Your Turn & Hitoshikunai Ichigeki, can ignore durability in various ways, such as bypassing durability, voiding durability, transmutation, and cutting the soul.
Speed: At least Subsonic (While in a bar fight, Koji was able to react and act accordingly to someone who moved faster then the eye could follow ~34.3 m/s), higher when Airborne (Koji moves as twice as fast when flying due to his Physiological traits ~68.6 m/s), Transonic (Koji was able to evade spear projectiles being launched at high speeds ~344 m/s) | Subsonic (Faster than before) | Massively Hypersonic (Traveled from Fenris City to Azn Mountain-range which is 355 miles away to complete a guild quest in the span of one second. ~571317 m/s), Massively Hypersonic+ with Amps (Anima's Sheath increases Koji's parameters by 300% when holding a sword including speed ~1064.99mi/s), Sub-Relativistic with Amps while Airborne (Still receives the amplification that doubles one's speed, while suffering from the benefits from Anima's sheath ~3194.97mi/s) | Massively Hypersonic, higher with Amps, Sub-Relativistic with Amps while Airborne (Same as before) | Sub-Relativistic+ (Able to react and act accordingly to Valorant ~83% SOL). At least FTL+ (Fought against Phoenix Runihura), higher with Amps
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Is granted superhuman strength due to his hybrid physiology, able to equip heavy sets of armor and not be weighed down or affected by its weight) | Class M (Koji was able to pick up a huge tree and throw it into the stratosphere towards a cyclops ~459706 Tons), Class G with Amps | Class M, Class G with Amps (Same as before) | Class M, Class G with Amps (Same as before) | Class M (Koji's physically strength is amplified by 2.5 when in this form), Class G with Amps
Striking Strength: At least Street Class (Koji possesses an attack value similar to Zach Dowell, who at the time managed to fend off against a hoard of gray wolves ~3840 joules), higher with Equipment (Equipment grant's the user various boosts to their overall stats. Due to Koji having access to full body armor, a shield, and a black steel sword, all of Koji's parameters were amplified accordingly, increasing his defense and attack at the cost of his speed). Wall Class (Stronger than before. Koji should be comparable to other Null Level threats due to being around the same level range. Capable of fending for himself against a group of drunks that featured a humanoid bison which should be comparable to its real-life counterpart. ~56306 Joules), higher with Skills (Skills are the projection of unique attacks, which are complex and intricate abilities that typically inflict damage based on the user's attack. Skill abilities are usually more potent attacks that can be used at the cost of mana or stamina). | Building Class (Comparable to his durability, was able to survive an explosion at Ataraxia academy. Koji fought against low-level mandrakes and salamanders who can ravish through small villages ~0.77 Tons). At least Large Building Class (Stronger than before. Koji should be comparable to other Nihil level threats due to being around the same level range), higher with skills, can ignore durability by ignoring defense and cutting the soul. | At least City Block Class (Stronger than before. Koji was able to defeat Infirmi Level threats such as obsidian-core wyverns, who are capable of easily decimating city blocks. Comparable to his durability, being able to tank Azalea Aculeus's attacks with proper mitigation from his passives ~35.49 Tons), eventually Multi-City Class with Amps (Koji possesses various skills that amplify his strength. Can utilize "Mental Blade," to amplify his attack potency by five, additionally can benefit from "Anima Sheath's" ability to further increase his power by three times when wielding a sword. Koji was able to inflict fatal damage onto Exen Malediction's clone which possesses a fourth of his power. 35.49 ~ 984.84 Tons), Varies with Hitoshikunai Ichigeki (Koji can absorb one-fourth of the target's level adding to Koji's, essentially amplifying his strength by the degree stolen value). | Small City Class (Stronger than before. Koji fought against Parva Level threats, such as hydras, and small leviathans. Attack value scales of the attack modifier that included with Nine Circles ~1.34 Megatons), higher with Skills, Varies with Your Turn (Koji at the cost of all his previous passive amps can increase his strength by the degree of the nearby people, allowing Koji's attack potency to grow by the attack value of people within proximity), eventually City Class with Amps (Possesses various passive abilities and skills that increase Koji's attack power. Koji was able to inflict minor damage to Exen Malediction with various amps. Koji's attack varies due to the different combination of amps and skills and depends on various factors such as the terrain and Koji's weapon of choice ~1.34 to 65.32 Megatons). | Small City Class (Stronger than before. Slightly stronger due to level progression, and the manifestation of new skills and abilities), higher with Skills. Small City Class in Athanatos (Athanatos Form amplifies Koji's parameters by two point five times; additionally, this form alters Koji's biology replacing his human side with a stronger physiological race ~3.35 Megatons), eventually Mountain Class with Amps (Was able to one-shot a small leviathan before finding himself in a fight against Valorant Ainiku and inflicting minor damage before being knocked out ~3.35 to 150.75 Megatons), higher with Skills, up to Mountain Class with Amps (~30.13 to 603.00 Megatons).
Durability: Street Level (Koji possesses a defense value similar to Zach Dowell is at the time, who managed to fend off against a hoard of gray wolves ~3840 joules) At least Wall Level (Stronger than before. Koji should be comparable to other Null level threats due to being around the same level range) | Building Level (survived an explosion at Ataraxia ~0.77 Tons) | At least City Block (Able to tank Azalea Aculeus's attacks with proper mitigation from his passives. ~35.49 Tons), Varies with Hitoshikunai Ichigeki (Absorbs one-fourth of the targets level adding to Koji's, essentially amplifying his strength by the degree of his opponent's level), Varies with Twin Ichigeki (Is unaffected by single-hit actions or attacks that reduce Koji's current health to zero, essentially allow him to be invulnerable to one-shot attacks. Can only be affected by multi-hit attacks that gradually bring his health down to zero, meaning a single action attack that has multiple hits can only affect Koji only if the first hit doesn't instantly kill him. An example of an attack that would affect Koji would be a 20-hit attack that deals 5% of Koji's health or Ouroboros Slash as long as the first hit doesn't one-shot), Human Level with Anata no Ban (Reduces the user's defense value to zero, which is comparable to a normal human), Multi-City Block Level with Amps (Amp skills allow Koji to increase his durability. Koji's physiology and his Anima's Sheath trait amplifies his parameters ~35.49 to 186.32 Tons) | Small City Level+ (Comparable to durability, able to fight stronger foes such as hydras, and small leviathans ~1.34 Megatons), Small City Level with Amps (Amp skills allow Koji to increase his durability. Koji's physiology and his Anima's Sheath trait amplifies his parameters ~2.34 Megatons to 7.03 Megatons) | Small City Level+ (Superior to before, Athanatos Form increase's Koji's defense making it harder to kill him. Defense value is amplified by 2.5x compared to last key ~3.35 Megatons), Varies from Small City Level to City Level with Amps (Superior to before, Athanatos Form increase's Koji's defense making it harder to kill him, furthermore amp skills allow Koji to increase his durability. Koji's physiology and his Anima's Sheath trait amplifies his parameters ~3.35 Megatons to 17.58 Megatons)
Stamina: Extremely High, continuously roams around the Ark, slaying beasts and partaking on quests with minimal breaks, took on various armies alone. Maintained his stamina while fighting in Exen Malediction's pocket dimension under the effects of parameter drain, which lasted for several days. Possesses an uncanny will that will allow him to fight even with significant blood loss and organ damage and persist even after overexerting himself. Managed to remain in a fight for multiple hours, despite creating several clones that share his mana. Continued to roam the forest of the dreams for miles while previously bringing himself to below five percent health with Nine Circles.
Range: Standard Melee Range, hundreds of meters with Skills (Can generate air blasts of varying force and range depending on the power output with Vorpal Attacks) | Extended melee range with his Trident and Spear, hundreds of meters with Magic and Bow | Tens of kilometers with Nine Circles (Nine Circles at full power can destroy around 15-km of land) | Hundreds of kilometers with Single Mist (Creates a projectile that rival traditional railgun ranges ~203 kilometers)
Yumesukēpu (夢スケープ, Dreamscape): A dark bladed traditional wakizashi from Japan created in Exen's realm from Koji's memories, a replica of the sword his father carried. A generic short sword capable of channeling anti-magic and amplifying it. An item introduced during "Pre-Athanatos"
Black Steel Sword: A sword forged from black steel, a rare and powerful metal capable of cutting through iron and steel with ease. A blade with a unique ability to heal the holder by the degree of damage inflicted with this sword. An item introduced during the beginning of the series, being destroyed by the time Koji made his academic debut.
Iron Armor (Set): Old and worn-out armor designed for the knight class, decently heavy armor that protects the body from harm. Applies defense increase and magical resistance at the cost of the user's speed; speed reduction can be ignored, depending on the wearer's physical capabilities. An item introduced during the beginning of the series, being destroyed by the time Koji made his academic debut.
Standard Equipment: Athanatos is the manifestation of Koji's soul that takes the shape of several weapons at his disposal. Koji primarily allows Athanatos to maintain its form as an unnamed long-sword presumably under the same name; Athanatos. Being Koji's soul, any form of damage dealt to Athanatos will do irreversible damage; however, due to Koji having multiple souls, this flaw can easily be shrugged off.
- Athanatos (Sword): is a dark crimson weightless long sword with a slightly curved blade with a unique design, having a hilt that shifts into a diamond-shaped midsection. Koji at will can extend the blade's length and size, even being able to double the weapon's potency with Soul Drive. Due to being a blighted soul, the user can draw anti-magic and unholy energies from the sword.
- Inkinamaru (陰気な・丸, Dismal Circle): An orb artifact, as well as a magic conductor and collector, Inkinamaru is a weapon with manaphobic and manaphilic properties allowing the user to switch between said properties, which allows the user to deflect or attract magical spells towards it. When met with anti-magic, the orb will trigger a violent anti-magic explosion, absorbing all nearby mana in the process. When combined with Soul line, the user can create a mace.
- Tamashirain (魂・ライン, Soul Line): A fiber derived from the essences of one's soul. Koji can unravel his soul into threads of string used to change the directions of attacks and mix up his attack patterns. Koji often uses this to change up his fighting style mid-match, an example being when he attached soul line to the handles of his swords and swing them at sun during their spar resembling Kratos from God of War. Despite being primarily used for its versatility, it serves other purposes, such as pulling out souls.
- Mirai Kuzure (未来崩れ, Future Collapse): A dark crimson bow, with a unique design, lacking an arrow rest and places the user's soul where the sight window would be, looking something like a dark version of the Cosmic Bolter. A bow with astral projectiles that the user can control, due to the ammunition being apart of Koji's soul, Koji can change the shape, direction, and speed of the projectiles.
Intelligence: Average, Extraordinary Genius in combat. Despite being an ignorant, unsophisticated piece of work, Koji is a person who uses his combat prowess as an alternative to his minuscule range of knowledge. Koji is an experimental swordsman who creates original moves amidst the battle, always finding ways to increase his arsenal. Along with being a swift learner, Koji managed to learn and perfect the few skills he knows within a short time frame. Being a natural talent, Koji is among the very few who can turn short periods of training into decades of experience. Capable of evolving skills and passives through simple visualization, creating new ones in the process. Capable of projecting the "mental blade" skill to escape a subjective reality, which renders Koji in an objective state of mind which strips Koji of all his mental boundaries. Analytic to some degree, Koji can measure the trajectory, speed, and aim of any attack perfectly, allowing him to predict movement during combat. Possessing photographic memory, which he can take advantage of to recall and replicate skills and attacks previously used against him. Through being exposed to Ki once before, during his encounter with a dark counterpart to himself, Koji managed to project the energy without knowing its existence and mastering it at the same time. Koji often picks apart techniques used against him and implements them into his "making it up, think of the rest on-the-go" fighting style. Changed his fighting style amid battle, creating an entirely new approach against Sun Wukong. Koji replicated one of Sakurahime's Arts abilities, which each utilize the 11-dimensional concept of time and projects it into an attack. Koji possesses a self-made unorthodox way of fighting, which consists of unusual movement patterns reminisce of breakdancing with pieces of martial arts to create an unpredictable fighting style. Koji's usage of erratic movements is subsidized by his clones on the battlefield, often using them to analyze their surroundings to pinpoint unexpected attacks. As a talented swordsman, Koji can further his skill by engaging through combat, nearly matching the sword saint's expertise after clashing swords with her twice. To elaborate on Koji's ability to improve his combat prowess, he builds up several areas he excels at, such as unpredictability. Koji refines his unpredictability by implementing various other weapons to his arsenal, using each one as a way to switch his playstyle mid-fight. As well as disregarding any fair tactic, Koji tends to use underhanded methods to gain the advantage as it makes more sense to go all out. Capable of fighting multiple versions of himself who each would have the same fighting approach, flawlessly out skilling them with technical skill alone, completely disregarding their analytical prediction and similar experience. Through sheer expertise, Koji was capable of cutting through someone's own past and rewriting causality to disregard certain aspects of his target's history by projecting his will to sever through his sword. Varies with Hold your head high, while active Koji will undergo an evolution that scales their skill and mental intuition with their opponent, essentially equalizing talent and capabilities of both users regardless of mental barriers or indecipherable state of mind.
Weaknesses: Weaknesses; Koji's abnormal nature, as a rash swordsman who rushes into a fight without a second thought or consideration for the repercussions he might face, results in him endangering himself countless times. Possessing an unusual ideology that pushes reckless behavior combined with his plethora of flaws, such as the tendency to overexert himself and sometimes borderline causing self-harm, Koji is a powerhouse that doesn't do too well in endurance fights. Lack of skills, skill attacks being the main driving force of Koji's damage output, there is a lot to be desired with the few skills he possesses. The inability to use magic-based skills, without such, Koji's versatility dwindles as fighting any magic-weak enemies becomes a challenge. Skills significantly reduce stamina, combined with Koji's pisspoor self-care and reckless behavior, the tendency to spam skills is a possibility. Poor understanding of Ark, Koji just being recently reincarnated, possesses no knowledge to take advantage of the traits and skills. Although, he compromises with his instinct, which leaves him limited in terms of technical skill. Koji's undeterrable resolve, while this could be a plus, sometimes it does way more harm as he never backs down even on the verge of death, always envisioning about following through with something, often disregarding everything else, including his own safety. Short-tempered, often showing violent and temperamental behavior to those who harm his sister or stand in his way, Koji isn't someone to take insults lightly. Koji's ego, possessing a tendency to underestimate his opponent, playing into how he easily antagonizes those who bother him. His lack of knowledge, restricted by his two-dimensional thinking and lacking said, "outside of the box thinking," Koji lacks the mental capacity to solve moderately demanding problems. Dragons induce extra damage from other dragons, thus making dragons weak to themselves. Dragons are vulnerable to all forms of holy attacks, such as weaponry, magic, and skills deriving from the element. Lack of patience, Koji will straight up rush something being the one to charge into battle; in addition to moments of laziness, Koji's yearning for breaks takes away from his diligence. | Poor utilization of physiological skills, Koji being half-dragon and human provides a lot of abilities which Koji isn't even aware of having. Hitoshikunai Ichigeki can only consume a fourth of a person's stats once, meaning once the effect he can reapply it but cannot absorb past that one-forth limit. Koji not being comfortable enough with Rosa to summon her, only doing so for some insight into the situation before him. The amount of mana required for the "ignite" skill and the perquisites needed for the skill to manifest remotely; mana alone is a limited resource only gained through rest or transfers, ignite combusts all the mana inside an object to manifest remotely, unleashing a "somewhat" destructive explosion. Koji only possesses two magical skills, which both require an abundance of mana; "Astral divide" can only create physical clones with mana, and the constant supplying of such to maintain said clone. The "Ignite" skill being the second magical skill, requiring a lot of mana to be considered a viable finishing move; only rewarding when draining the user of a majority of their mana. Additionally, running out of mana proves to be deadly as it's one of the substances that sustains life, as running out of mana will cause one to faint. | Due to Anima Sheath's trait, Koji can place his soul within his weaponry, allowing him to use his weapon as an instrument to hit spiritual beings, breaking said sword while Koji's soul inhibits it will "break" Koji as well. Projecting anti-magic is potentially fatal as it erases mana, which is essential for life. Koji proves even more reckless compared to before, as the manifestation of "Twin Ichigeki" and the combination of allies to help him in battle makes him more likely to take risky approaches. Twin Ichigeki's inability to protect him from damage received from external sources, danmaku attacks, health absorbing skills, fall damage, all attacks that register under the same action or skill. Twin Ichigeki's handicap on Koji's ability to inflict damage only if the damage is equal to the target's max health, essentially nulling all his attacks that don't one-shot. All of Koji's astral weaponry is blighted, meaning each weapon itself projects Anti-magic, and just wielding it proves detrimental to Koji. As a result of Koji's more offensive approach, the passives he received follow said ideology, making him more of a glass cannon with each amp. The trait "Anima Sheath's" inability to increase Koji's parameters whenever he holds anything besides a sword. The passive "Hold you head High's" failure to activate whenever Koji possesses more than half health. Koji not being comfortable enough to summon Houki, only doing so during life-or-death situations. The "Your Turn" passive's risky nature, possessing the ability to induce taunt himself, demoralizing all nearby entities into attacking Koji; leaving Koji vulnerable by reducing his defense to one and ignoring resistances including on his friends and foes. Take a chance requires Sakaya to be in proximity of Koji. Koji's wasted potential, only using a select few skills and passives while disregarding some, in fact not utilizing "Your Turn" and "Hold your Head High" until the next key. | Koji's misunderstanding of Ki, utilizing it without knowing how to fully take advantage of the element's capabilities. Athanatos form's lack of mana, killing the user when in said form for too long, due to mana being essential for life. The biological change, making Koji a half-demon, half-dragon, causing him to be even more vulnerable to divine magic and the inability to use magic due to the anti-magic erasing said mana. Athanatos being its own class, overwriting Dismal Vagabond's traits and passives, basically removing Abysmal Champloo, Atrocious Champloo, Twin Ichigeki, and Ubiquitous Battlecry. Poor utilization of physiological skills, Koji being half-demon and dragon provides a lot more abilities which Koji isn't even aware of having. Athanatos method of resurrection doesn't fully resurrect Koji, overwriting his status to undead and preserving the minimum amount of health to be considered living. As a result, Koji's brain activity becomes flat as his body gets piloted by his secondary blighted soul possessing the sole intention to survive, putting him into an animalistic ideology. The removal of Twin Ichigeki.
Skills, Passives, and Traits
◇ Physiological Traits
Reincarnate Physiology: Reincarnates are people from other worlds who have, for an unknown reason, been relocated to another universe, reincarnated into different bodies. In Ark, reincarnates usually bring forth disaster, as they inherit multiple unique physiological traits unavailable to most normal citizens. This includes things like unique personal skills and traits, composite intelligence, and more.
- Distant Soul/Spiritual Resistance: The souls of reincarnates are separate from their physical bodies, existing in different dimensions, free from interference unless one is capable of breaching the hundreds of increasingly bigger and bigger gaps between the physical and spiritual worlds to break through to them. Due to this, reincarnates have an innate resistance to most spiritual attacks and soul-based skills.
- Abstract Mind/Mental Resistance: The mind of a reincarnate is closer to an idea than any physical actuality, existing merely as a manifestation of thoughts within their souls rather than some biological consciousness. Thus reincarnates are inherently immune to conventional mind-based abilities like mind control, madness inducement, or the dragon element. Like their souls, their minds will be completely unaffected by such powers unless these powers can breach the gap between the physical and spiritual worlds.
- Power Modification Resistance: Skills are inscribed and embedded within the souls of everyone on Ark, unable to be interfered with in any way unless the interference is stronger than the soul's resistance. For Reincarnates, this is especially powerful, as it means their skills, traits, and abilities can not be modified, nullified, or absorbed unless one can both bypass the barrier to the spiritual world and overpower their souls.
- Mana Channels: Mana channels, sometimes known as mana circuits, webs, or links, are the wires which mana flows through within the bodies of all who live, acting as a pseudo-nervous system connected directly to both the mind and soul. It holds, produces, and projects the spiritual energy of all things. And when used correctly, it can be utilized to convert this energy into a phenomenon known as magic.
Ark Physiology: The world of Ark is a much different place than Earth, considered by many reincarnates to be comparable to that of an RPG game, as it contains a leveling system, magic system, and multiple additional game-like systems. Thus those who exist there are naturally much different from earthly humans and organisms. All the way down to their biological and physiological makeup, as they possess multiple traits not present in normal people.
- Accelerated Development: Corollary to the leveling system, all people in Ark develop physically, mentally, and supernaturally extraordinary quickly. A normal human in Ark could go from being nothing special at level 0 to breaking through walls as early as level 15; going from average intellect at level 0 to exceptionally smart at level 100, and going from not being able to cast a single fireball spell to being a master of all the elements in a very short amount of time.
- Innate Magical Potential: Most beings within Ark possess the natural talent to be successful in magic, as everyone is born with connections to the world's mana, embedded in all beings in the form of mana channels. These channels allow one to produce a variety of supernatural phenomenons known as magic.
Dragons: Dragons are among the most powerful and resilient species. On top of having the normal fire breath, flight, and cunning wisdom, they are natural-born magic users and masters of the Dragon Magical Element; The Dragon Killing element, used by dragons against dragons to kill them efficiently, and used by dragons against others to attack the mind directly. Dragons are also both prideful and envious creatures, cocky in their own ability but jealous of those stronger. They gain a 25% boost to all stats around inferior species and a 25% reduction in stats around those superior to them. To add to their sins, they are also incredibly greedy, always wanting more than what they have; Dragons never feel fulfilled, yet will go out of their way to feel so, collecting money, power, people, etc. Nearly all of them have stashes of random items they never needed. It doesn't help that their senses allow them to sniff out all of their wants, having some of the best senses of smell, hearing, and sight among the species. Dragons are deceptive and will often appear in human form to make others feel more at ease. Their natural defense is stunning, as the scales of a dragon are naturally magic-resistant, and they often resist most debuffs or status effects.
- Dragon Inclined - An inclination towards the Dragon Element. The Dragon Element inflicts magical damage proportional to the target’s intelligence. The more intelligent the target, the more damage the spell will do. Dragon is also a null element capable of assuming the characteristics of most other elements except for holy and unholy. Some dragon spells inflict a status effect called null, which reduces or sometimes even nullifies the effects of other elemental spells depending on the strength of said dragon spell.
- Fire Inclined - An inclination towards the Fire Element. Fire Element magic consists of manipulation and application of fire, heat and combustible matter. A basic type of magic that consists of the burning chemical reaction that emits heat and light. A potent element which ignores the defense only taking account the target’s tolerance toward high temperatures.
Humans: Humans are one of the most basic and underestimated species. At face value, they may be complex organisms with the ability to learn, grow, and adapt to everyday obstacles, but besides that, they remain lackluster in brute force and fall short of the myriad of abilities that other species have. They might be cunning, agile, and versatile when it comes to their accessibility of tools and weapons but due to their nature, they can only go so far, being held back by fear, disabilities, doubts, etc. Besides their nature, humans are fragile beings, unable to tank very strong attacks, receiving 20% more damage from attacks, and having magic being twice as effective on them. Despite having flaws humans aren’t so bad, being able to learn skills at extreme speeds compared to other species. Being natural-born magic users and great survivalists, they manage to extend their knowledge and become smarter by the upcoming week, but besides that, they truly shine when competing. Humans become 50% stronger when in proximity to superior races such as Leviathans, Angels, Demons, Dragons, and more.
- Sins of Mankind - Envy; All stats are boosted when in proximity of a being of a superior race. Sloth; Intelligence passively increases by 1% per week. Greed; Skills develop much faster compared to other species. Pride; Humans are naturalist when utilizing tools, granting max weapon mastery for each man-made weapon. Lust; Humans take 20% more damage from all attacks. Gluttony; Magic’s potency on humans is doubled. Wrath; Human’s during a fight or flight scenario receive a 50% boost to their parameters.
Hybrid Physiology (ハイブリッド生理, Haiburiddo seiri) - The user is empowered by lesser species, receiving a 25% boost to parameters when in the proximity of species with a rank lower than six. Furthermore, Koji inflicts 50% more damage to dragons and has his intelligence increase 0.5% weekly. Additionally, through his physiology, Koji can develop skills quickly compared to other species. All received damage deals 10% more damage; with magic possessing a 40% boost. All spells or debuffs are partially nulled and the user has a natural inclination towards the Dragon element and can perceive other being's senses.
Magic: Magic is the phenomenon produced when one exerts their mana channels to the point of converting spiritual energy into power, resulting in many things, often whatever the user was imagining as they did. It can be used to perform multiple different kinds of physics-breaking techniques. It is unknown who first created magic, but multiple theories exist, all of which involve a party miraculously uncovering the secrets of mana, and using these unconverted mysteries to their advantage, eventually finding ways to break the boundaries of the world, creating phenomena out of thin air. Since then, many people have also uncovered these secrets, and now, nearly everyone can utilize magic, given effort, time, and talent.
- Wind Inclined - Koji possesses a natural inclination to the wind element, this has been made clear through his near-instantaneous mastery of the vorpal strike skill and the manifestation of the vorpal cyclone and vorpal slash. Because of such affinity, Koji will be able to utilize wind magic and wind-related attacks easier than other elements.
◇ Unique Traits
Resistances/Immunities: A resistance in Ark is an innate trait that makes one invulnerable or unaffected by specific or multiple different skills and abilities. Resistances usually vary in strength in the form of layers, with each layer of resistance adding an additional coating of invulnerability to a certain skill or ability, not able to be negated by a basic resistance negating skill. Basic resistances and basic resistance negating abilities only begin at one layer, however. Immunities on the other hand are traits that make one completely resistant to ability on a level above that of layers, to the point where not even a resistance negation of infinite layers could nullify such immunity.
- Fate Interference Immunity - Koji possesses a unique immunity to fate-altering and probability-changing skills and abilities, rendering him invulnerable to such.
- Partial Magic Immunity - Athanatos grants the user an immunity to most forms of magic, turning the dragon's resistance into an immunity due to the class's nature, allowing Koji immunity to most common magic.
- Status Effect Immunity - Athanatos grants the user an immunity to all debuffs and harmful status effects, turning the dragon's resistance into an immunity due to Athanatos's nature, allowing Koji to be unaffected by all debuffs.
- Mental Fortitude - Through Koji's leaderskill, Koji's guild receives immunity to all mind-altering or mentally influencing skills and abilities, allowing Koji to be unaffected by mind control, manipulation, madness inducement, and any other mind-based skills.
Anima's Scabbard (アニマの鞘, Anima no Saya) - The user is a master swordsman. All Stats increase by 300%; when the user equips a sword. The user can transfer their soul to their weapon, amplifying said weapon's durability and allowing interaction between spiritual beings. Breaking said astral-enforced weapon in this state breaks the user.
Betrayal of Fate (裏切りの運命, Uragiri no Unmei) - All attacks have 10% of inflicting Fated Change, which alters the target's thought process. The user cannot feel pain as an alternative; all pain inflicted from damage will be reflected onto the assailant, allowing Koji to reflect pain administered to him. Additionally, the user is immune to probability and fate-altering abilities.
Timeless Spectacle (時代を超えたスペクタクル, Jidai o koeta supekutakuru) - The user only exists in the present, making him immune to past and future related skills. Can remember every moment he experienced within Ark. The user's eyes can measure the trajectory, speed, and aim of any attack perfectly. Grants the user the ability Damage Reversal; the user can revert the damage administered to him.
Bonds Beyond Death (死を超えた絆, Shi o koeta kizuna) - Amplifies the user's parameter's by 25% when in proximity to Sakaya Komatsu-Ferre. Additionally, the user gains access to the benefits associated with the Innocent Witch secondary class and the Take a Chance skill. While active the user will be filled with determination and will fail to give up, furthermore the user will grow stronger when reminiscing on old memories.
- 'Take a chance (チャンスをつかむ, Chansu o tsukamu) - The user has a 50% chance of manifesting a trait or skill that overcomes the user's current situation when suffering from an attack that deals over 15% of the user's current health. The ability or skill manifested is perfectly tailored to counter and overcome whatever situation the user is in. Additionally, the manifested skill or trait effect resets once the user loses another 15% of their health replacing its effect.
◇ Guild Passive Skills
Fenris Guild Association - Being enlisted in the guild organization alone provides various benefits; however, enrolling into a specific guild fraction offers unique skills and traits tailored towards the quests available at said guild location. Fenris City being one of the guild factions provides exclusive passives to its members specializing in versatility and convenience suited to the user's playstyle. Such benefits are subsidizing traits and passives allowing the utilization of parameter boosts and status effects to allow the user to endure challenging situations.
- Glory of Fenris - Through Association, the manifestation of weapon-based classes is possible through weapon interaction. Building experience through weapon-based classes will build resistance to the weapon type the initial class was built upon, allowing scythe wielders to become resistant to scythe attacks.
Vagabond's Champloo (ヴァガボンドのシャンプルー, Vuagabondo no shanpurū) - Togglable leaderskill; all users gain an 85% resistance to elemental attacks and an additional 10% towards the earth, water, and fire. While active all user's physical attacks double in potency and physical damage received is reduced by 45%.
Absolute Volition (絶対意志, Zettai ishi) - Togglable leaderskill; a passive that amplifies the user's attack by 75% and allows the user's attack to ignore defense one-fifth of the time. While active all users are immune to mind-altering traits and skills.
◇ Custom Class Passive Skills
Dismal Vagabond (ディスマル・バガボンド, Disumaru bagabondo) - A title maintained by an inhumane lapse of judgment, a contradiction preserved by human nature; a pitiful continuation taunted with fruitless ambitions and ceaseless ignorance, the manifestation of a prolonged existence destined to walk a meaningless and fruitless life. The realization of the natural order of struggle, submission, and finally, the eventual cross into oblivion. Koji finds himself in the oblivion where he sought salvation, that salvation being immortality and its failed attempt to reciprocate an understanding of his pointless immortality, accepting his fate and realizing his death was the beginning of the end and the end of the beginning.
Your Turn (あなたの番, Anata no ban) - Toggleable class ability; the user's defense drops to zero in exchange for a piercing proportional-attack modifier that scales off his opponent's attack. All the user's attacks inflict piercing damage, which ignores all forms of mitigation and does bonus damage to the degree of said mitigation. While active, the user passively inflicts Taunt onto nearby people; Taunt is an act that demoralizes its targets into attacking the user while active. Those affected by Taunt will have the value of their attack stat added to the users
Hold Your Head High (頭が高く持, Atama ga takakuji) - Prerequisite extra skill; requires the deactivation of all passives and the user to have less health than foe. When engaging in combat with all conditions met, the user will undergo an evolution that scales their skill, parameters, and mental intuition with their opponent.
Dishonest Ideology (不正直イデオロギー, Fushōjiki ideorogī) - Upon death, the users class changed to Athanatos; all stats are amplified by 2.5 times. Revive and replace the user's human side with blighted essence, converting Koji into a demonic dragon hybrid. The user cannot die a second time and gains immunity to all debuffs.
Atrocious Champloo (アトロシャス・チャンプルー, Atoroshasu chanpurū) - Toggleable class ability; for each time Koji suffers damage from an attack and is unable to inflict damage back to the perpetrator increase damage resistance by five percent. If the damage resistance surpasses 100%, inflicts skill surge, which removes 20% of its target’s health for each attack performed.
- Abysmal Champloo (アビスマルシャンプルー, Abisumarushanpurū) - Toggleable class passive, an older outdated variant which still applies despite being updated. The user passively converts all forms of debuffs into permanent stacks of attack amps that boost the user's attack by 35%. Once the user gains a buff, reset the stack.
◇ Incomplete Athanatos Passives
Incomplete Athanatos (不完全なアタナトス, Fukanzen'na atanatosu): The manifestation of the past and present. The past may be happening but also the present, an irregular causality of where the user’s existence is maintained by the history of the past and the will of the present. Incomplete Athanatos is the amalgamation of Koji’s past soul and current-self, a form fixated on preserving that present.
Demon Physiology: Demons are capable of many things, the first being the most obvious; Flight. Demons can fly great distances at even greater speeds. Demons have insanely inept senses allowing them to smell even the innocence of a person, track auras, and see in pure darkness. The most notable ability of the demons, however, is their ability to manipulate unholy energy and darkness, both of which are extremely potent magical elements. Like many other races, they can communicate via telepathy, but more than that, they can straight-up manipulate the minds of others through it by sharing and controlling one's thoughts. Demons can turn into intangible, abstract beings at will, allowing them to possess and control other, weaker people. Even the aura they excrete can break down matter. Demons resist a variety of elements, including dragon, unholy, and darkness; And they take 50% less damage from humans, goblins, orcs, giants, kitsunes, and angels.
Athanatos Physiology (アタナトスの生理学, Atanatosu no seirigaku) - The user is empowered by lesser species, receiving a 25% boost to parameters when in the proximity of species with a rank lower than three. Furthermore, Koji inflicts 50% more damage to dragons and nulls a majority of spells and debuffs due to his physiology. Can utilize telepathy and control the souls of others additionally, Koji emits a dark aura that breaks down matter and the morality of those within proximity driving them to do immoral actions. Through his physiology, Koji can perceive other being's senses as well as their physical traits.
- Unholy Element - Unholy element magic is governed around the concept of manipulating unholy energies which is a sinister power source with the power to corrupt. Primarily used to combat holy energies, this misconstrued element can be countered using holy energy and vice versa. A unique element said to be exclusive to demons is one of the elements that cannot be replicated by the dragon element’s effect besides the holy element.
- Dark Element - Dark element is essentially manipulating darkness which is the absence of light, because of such it counteracts light magic, passively absorbing light upon contact. Used to mask one's own presence or blind those to come, the darkness element is quite versatile, possessing ways to apply the element creating more destructive spells that can even cut through space itself.
Land of the Depraved: Ragnarok (堕落した国：ラグノラック, Daraku shita kuni: Ragunorakku) - All user attacks inflict degeneration and allows the user to physically attack souls without needing astral weaponry; all parameters are amplified by 75%. Furthermore, all damage received will be reflected on to the attacker. Additionally, when Koji loses 15% of his health from a single attack, Skill Surge gets inflicted on the attacker. The user can now utilize the fatal risk skill
- Degeneration - A status effect that causes cellular decay, nullifying regeneration and applying a curse that bypasses immortality.
- Skill Surge - When the target uses an attack or skill, inflict damage equivalent to 20% of the target's health.
- Fatal Risk - Halves the user's health to remove a target's resistances, can be stacked.
Some Live, Some Die (一部のライブ一部が死ぬ, Ichibu no raibu ichibu ga shinu) - The user cannot die a second time and is considered undead. The Hitoshikunai Ichigeki skill gets enhanced allowing for 50% parameter absorption, and astral bonds. The user now inflicts Unique Blight and can escape erasure through astral bonds. Being within the user's proximity handicaps the ability to evade by the virtue of this trait.
- Astral Bonds - Bonds created through being affected by Hitoshikunai Ichigeki allowing for the target to be used as a tribute for erasure in place of Athanatos. Passively applies when the user’s life is in fear of being ended.
- Unique Blight - A status effect that absorbs two percent of the target's parameters per second, rendering anyone powerless in under a minute.
Broken Ideology (壊れたイデオロギー, Kowareta ideorogī) - All the user's attacks inflict Status Depravity. Furthermore, all damage dealt has a 75% of being quadrupled and fully restore the user's health. The user is immune to all mind-relating, perception-altering, and ignore-invincibility skills.
- Status Depravity - When an opponent has a buff remove all their resistances and reduce their mana to zero.
- Mental/Perception Immunity - Koji possesses an immunity to spells that affect the user’s mind and perception, rendering him invulnerable to such.
◇ Magical Skills
Astral Divide (アストラル分割する, Asutoraru Bunkatsu Suru) - The ability to create clones through the tearing and reshaping of the user's soul using magic as the foundation for physical interaction to occur. Clone's leveling scales to the user, and possesses all the user’s skills. Can only be affected by magic-based or soul attacks. An unique skill exclusive to Koji, first displayed during his Guild Registration.
Black Blizzard (ブラック猛吹雪, Burakku mō Fubuki) - Combination of Dark Slash and Vorpal Cyclone, essentially the manifestation of a natural disaster using anti-magic as an alternative. An anti-magic cyclone that homes onto large places of mana, serving as an unique skill exclusive to Koji’s Athanatos Form.
Dragon Counter (ドラゴンカウンター, Doragon Kauntā) - Reactive skill; a upgraded version of counter, which applies bonus damage scaling to the user's intelligence due to being infused with the dragon element. An self-status effect that reflects attacks upon receiving damage from an action, essentially reflecting said attack. A skill used by the Dragon Knight class, first utilized by Koji during his Guild Registration.
Ignite (発火, Hakka) - A remote skill; The process of imbuing mana into objects and remotely creating an combustion using the mana as fuel. A skill that can turn objects into bombs if enough mana is interjected into said object, first shown during Koji’s Academy Debut.
Nine Circles (
- Circle of Hell (地獄の輪, Jigoku no wa) - A version of Nine Circle which involve the combination of amps to create an even more volatile explosion. Nine circles automatically converts into Circle of Hell when the user possesses active buffs that apply the user’s attack.
- Ninth Purgatory (第九煉獄, Dai kyū rengoku) - A further evolution to Nine Circles being an evolution to Circle of Hell by incorporating the Broken Ideology’s ability to quadruple damage output. Nine circles or Circle of Hell automatically convert into Circle of Hell when the user possesses active buffs that apply the user’s attack.
◇ Weapon Skills
Crimson Edge (真紅縁, Shinku En) - A mana based projectile slash coated with a manaphilic outline, absorbing mana particles nearby. The user can discriminate what gets absorbed. Can be used to nullify spells and magic, and undo curse effects. An unique skill showcased during Post Athanatos.
Dark Slash (ダークスラッシュ, Dākusurasshu) - A anti-magic based projectile that cuts through and absorbs mana. Capable of being fatal if said projectile manages to bring a target's mana to zero, being deadly in the sense that all living beings need mana to survive. An unique skill exclusive to Koji usable through his astral weaponry as it serves as a medium to utilize anti-magic, first showcased during Pre-Athanatos.
Dismal Abyss (陰気深淵, Inki shin'en) - Weapon derived skill, the ability to rob a target of its ability to utilize mana through the contact of Inkinamaru; an athanatos orb that creates protruding thorns of manaphobic material. A skill exclusive to Koji’s astral weaponry first utilized during Pre-Athanatos.
Mana Recall (マナリコール, Manarikōru) - The ability to use an athanatos-based weapon as a medium for mana, which allows Koji to absorb all nearby mana in the area. A skill exclusive to Koji’s astral weaponry first utilized during Pre-Athanatos.
Shield Bash (シールドぶつける, Shīrudo Butsukeru) - Knight Skill; A weapon-based skill that induces stun on hit. A common skill derived from shield-type weapons, being a skill Koji has mastered at the beginning of the series.
Single Mist (シングルミスト, ) - The projection of ki to a sharp point and releasing it into a highly dense projectile. Single Mist rivals railguns in range. A common skill with many names being used by ki users, first utilized by Koji during the Pre-Athanatos Arc.
Vorpal Series (ヴォーパルシリーズ, Vuōparu shirīzu) - A single ultra-high-speed and powerful thrust that generates powerful gusts of winds. A simple move that can be utilized in various ways, such as vorpal slash and vorpal vortex, which all consist of a powerful thrust the only difference being output. A common skill used by Koji during the beginning of the series.
- Vorpal Strike - Knight Skill; a single-ultra-high-speed thrust that generates gusts of winds shaped into a single point, releasing a high pressure strike. Primarily used with a weapon to create a burst of air that can destroy a person's torso with enough force. A skill used by Koji during the beginning of the series.
- Vorpal Slash - A single-ultra-high-speed thrust that generates gusts of winds, performed using a sword as a medium, creating a high pressured slash projectile. A skill used by Koji and Sakurahime during their Arrival at Fenris.
- Vorpal Cyclone - A single-ultra-high-speed thrust that generates gusts of winds that form into a cyclone, being primarily used to discourse attacks and deal devastating damage. Utilizable with a weapon, creating a converging cyclone from the stem of a sword. A skill used by Koji and Sakurahime during their Arrival at Fenris.
◇ Other Skills
Astral Armor (アストラル鎧, Asutoraru Yoroi) - The ability to increase the user's durability through astral fusion, which consists of overlaying the soul on the user's physical body. An unique skill exclusive to Koji, first utilized during his Guild Registration.
Counter (カウンター, Kauntā) - Knight Skill; An self-status effect that reflects attacks upon receiving damage from an action, essentially reflecting said attack. A common skill first mastered and utilized by Koji at the beginning of the Series.
Circulation Rewrite (循環リライト, Junkan Riraito) - A skill obtained during Koji’s academic debut, allowing the user to create circulation within his body. Rewriting his body to produce an indefinite circulation which creates endless ki energies. Also utilized to project draconic energies from Koji’s blood to morph individual body parts to dragon limbs.
Dark Dragon Counter (ダークドラゴンカウンター, Dāku doragon kauntā) - Athanatos skill; a upgraded version of dragon counter, which applies bonus damage scaling to the user's intelligence due to being infused with the dragon element and dark element. An self-status effect that reflects attacks upon receiving damage from an action, essentially reflecting said attack. Upon reflecting damage induces corrosion, which makes the wound from the attack unhealable. An unique skill exclusive to Koji’s Athanatos Form.
Damage Reversal (ダメージ逆転, Damēji Gyakuten) - Trait skill; a trait skill which reverts any previous action responsible for inflicting damage on the user, reversing it as it never existed. While active, Koji's HP reverts to where it was 5 seconds ago A skill created during Koji’s Arrival at Fenris, but first utilized during Post-Athanatos Arc, serving as a last resort ability.
Damage Reversal (ダメージ逆転, Damēji Gyakuten) - Trait skill; a trait skill which reverts any previous action responsible for inflicting damage on the user, reversing it as it never existed. A skill created during Koji’s Arrival at Fenris, but first utilized during Post-Athanatos Arc, serving as a last resort ability.
Hitoshikunai Ichigeki (等しくない一撃, Hitoshikunai Ichigeki) - The ability to reduce and absorb a fourth of the target's level and parameters upon contact. A skill exclusive to Koji first being utilized during his Academy Debut.
Mental Blade (メンタル剣, Mentaru Ken) - Amplifying skill; A buff skill that amplifies the user's attack by five and clear their mind, which prevents the user’s actions from being read through extrasensory means due to the user’s hypercognitive nature. A skill exclusive to Koji and Sakura first utilized during his Guild Registration.
Soul Drive (魂ドライブ, Tamashī Doraibu) - A skill which greatly amplifies the potency of astral attacks by combining souls. Due to Koji possessing multiple souls he can utilize this to negate up to three layers of resistances, the amount of layers varies depending on how much souls are used. A skill exclusive to Koji first being utilized during his Guild Registration.
◇ Normal Classes
|Knight Class||Knights have increased ATK, DEF, and SPD. In terms of classes, they are your most balanced class. A title that is known for its balanced playstyle, focusing on physical prowess. Knights are the most basic tank classes due to their survivability and stalling kit but lack offensive capabilities. Knights are allowed spells but are very limited in what they can learn, making them the most solid basic class.|
|Dragon Knight||Dragon Knights are a species-exclusive class that grants abilities aimed towards the dragon species, taking the basics of Knight and amplifying it further to accommodate for Dragon's lust for power in exchange for the user's INT. An extension that takes advantage of the various Dragonoid abilities the species offers and perfecting it, providing both magical and physical support and progression toward racial abilities. Overall a solid class that specializes in perfecting and accommodating for Dragonoid behavior unlocking the race's full potential.|
◇ Additional Classes
|Marital Artist||Martial Artists have greatly increased ATK, increased DEF, and increased SPD. Martial Artist class is the best close combat class, experienced brawlers using various physical attacks to overwhelm any foe within close range. Capable of landing devastating blows that inflict shatter wears down any opponent's durability. A class specialized in long endurance battles and capable of dealing consistent burst damage that overwhelms the toughest of foes.|
|Trident User||An additional class relating to the usage and excelling in wielding a trident. Tridents are exceptionally great at utilizing the close-in combat, being capable of performing multiple thrust-based attacks, completely outranging any traditional sword. Proficient Trident users will be able to pierce defensive abilities and dominate close combat scenarios, being effective against close-quarter classes like knights or boxers but are defective against ranged classes such as archers.|
|Orb Catalyst User||An additional class relating to the usage and excelling in wielding an orb catalyst. Orb catalyst users are exceptionally great at utilizing the catalyst in combat, much like using a staff, a catalyst can be used for both long-range and short-range combat. Due to a catalyst's nature, it amplifies magical attacks, allowing users to deal devastating damage to opponents. Good catalyst wielders are capable of annihilating any opponent given a long-range, being effective against close-quarter classes like a brawler and martial artists.|
|Bow User||An additional class relating to the usage and excellence in archery. Bow users are exceptionally great at utilizing the bow in combat. Much like other ranged weapons, bows are primarily used for long-range scenarios, allowing users to deal devastating amounts of damage to opponents given a distance. Good Archers are usually capable of annihilating any opponent given a long-range and should be able to coordinate various complex attacks. Archer is generally very effective against close-quarter classes like a brawler and martial artists.|
|Dual Wielder||An additional class relating to the usage and excellence in dual-wielding. Dual wielders are exceptionally great at overwhelming opponents in close combat. Much like other close-quarter weapons, dual wielders are proficient at landing devastating blows. Good duel wielders are usually capable of overwhelming opponents, possessing two blades while being decently skilled. Duel wielder hit for twice the damage and requires twice the effort, using more energy to muster up attacks and combos, allowing for incredible burst attacks compared to normal swordsmen. Effective against swordsmen and other close-quarter classes and weak against ranged weapons.|
◇ Unique Classes
|Innocent Witch||A manifestation custom class obtained through discovery and curiosity, an extension of the cleric and mage knight overwritten to fit Sakaya's own ignorance. Sakaya Komatsu-Ferre's unique class, defined by her childish perceptive, a skillset making her wildest dreams and imagination a reality. Focusing on abilities and granting her skills, Innocent Witch follows her bizarre and idealistic mental state allowing her to accomplish more. As a hyperactive child that sees the good in everyone, she tends to focus on everyone else besides herself, possessing an unbalanced class fixated on that.|
|Dismal Vagabond||A manifestation custom class obtained through the combination of willpower and class progression, an extension of the knight class overwritten to Koji's Vagabond aesthetic. Koji Komatsu's personal class utilizing amps and various magic to deliver devastating blows at the cost of building the user's defense. A class focus on its offensive capabilities that it lacks in durability, creating a squishy class that slowly adapts to raise Koji's survivability with its passives. Dismal Vagabond have increased ATK, and SPD with little to no durability, occasionally having a few methods of stall to prolong their user's life.|
|Athanatos||A manifestation custom class obtained through the sheer desire to live, an extension that manifests during death. An extension that lowers the user's INT in exchange for more ATK and DEF, Athanatos is a unique class that utilizes anti-magic. A more squishy class that offers a plethora of offensive abilities to balance out their lackluster survivability. The manifestation class of Koji's blighted soul overlapping onto Dismal Vagabond, creating an entity of self-inflicted depravity.|
Here are random facts regarding Koji Komatsu and some insight on the naming scheme and references made. Also, the Japanese on this page can potentially be incorrect due to me not being Japanese nor knowing the language.
Koji's name has various references aside from the trivial insight provided by his etymology section, such as...
- Similar to Yugi Muto, Judai Yuki, Yuma Tsukumo, Yuya Sasaki, Yusuke Fujiwara, and Yuga Ohdo, due to all of Koji's names (Koji Komatsu, Koitsu Kotatsu, and Himitsu Kojima) contain the kanji "小," being a direct reference to how each protagonist within the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise possesses the "遊" kanji.
- Komatsu is a direct reference to Tamaki Kotatsu before being changed into Komatsu due to personal preference and being introduced as the last name of his alias "Koitsu Kotatsu."
Koji is the only person from his guild to be represented by a non-game-related character. Every character within Vagabond Aegis is represented as a character from a game franchise except for Koji.
- Koji is represented as Mugen from Samurai Champloo or Hyakkimaru from Dororo.
- Sakurahime is represented as Suzuka, while Sakaya is represented as Alma from The Alchemist Code.
- Sakurahime sometimes being represented as Miyamoto Musashi from Fate Grand Order.
- Azalea is represented as Tomimi from Arknights.
- Hanami is represented as Yuzuriha from Under Night In-Birth.
Koji possesses several different skills, which are all references to the following...
- The "Mental Blade" ability is a direct reference to Samurai Champloo's opening song battlecry, turning two words from the second line into a skill.
- The "Black Blizzard" ability is a direct reference to the iconic Geometry Dash level of the same name, a black and white level created by KrmaL.
- The "Soul Drive" ability is a direct reference to Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal's opening song by the same name, turning the third Japanese opening into a skill.
- The "Nine Circles" ability is a direct reference to the iconic Geometry Dash level of the same name, a red flashing wave level created by Zobros.
Koji's Athanatos form references various things, such as...
- In Greek mythology, Thanatos was the personification of death. Athanatos being the combination of "A" and "Thanatos," brought the meaning "deathless," due to the prefix "a-" meaning "not" or "without." This is also further supported by translating the word as Athanatos (αθανατος) means "immortal."
- The name is a direct reference to the iconic Geometry Dash level of the same name, a red hell-themed level created by Exenity, Herzilo, and Gaelo.
- The prerequisite for Athanatos being the combination of Koji and his blighted soul is a reference to the XYZ summoning archetype and the power of Zexal within the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise, taking the overlaying of souls aspect in Zexal morph as inspiration.
- The abilities presented by Athanatos form is a reference to Asta's black form from the popular shounen manga Black Clover by Yuki Tabata. Taking the demonic forces at play and manifestation of Anti-Magic as the foundation for the transformation.
Kojiro Komatsu from Memento Mori or whatever Crimson decides to name his version of Koji is not connected to this character in any shape or form. This character is entirely different and serves as inspiration for Crimson's own character.
Koji possesses several different passives, which are all references to the following...
- The passive ability Uragiri no Unmei, which translates to "Betrayal of Fate," gets its name from the song Betrayal of Fate by Goukisan, a frequently used theme in the popular indie game Geometry Dash.
- The passive ability Atama ga takakuji, which translates to "Hold your head high," is a direct reference to Brave Frontier's version of Mugen from Samurai Champloo, as the character possesses an extra skill named "Head held high!"
- The passive ability Anata no ban, which translates to "Your Turn," is a direct reference to Brave Frontier's version of Mugen from Samurai Champloo, as the character possesses a leaderskill named "Okay... Now it's your turn."
- The "Some Live, Some Die" passive ability is a reference to Samurai Champloo's opening battlecry, taking four words from the chorus and turning it into a passive ability.
- The "Take a chance" passive is a direct reference to Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal's opening song by the same name, turning the English opening's name into a skill.
- Coincidentally, the "Absolute Volition" passive shares the name as the unique skill featured in the game Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross for the Knight of Wrath Demon Meliodas character. Although I play the game, funnily enough, this is a pure coincidence.
Each icon for Koji's various classes comes from the game The Alchemist Code, the same applies to members of Ark: Roleplay.
- Athanatos possessing Prideful Homunculus's icon.
- Bow User possessing Wind Archer Commander's icon.
- Dismal Vagabond possessing Dark-Steel Princess's icon.
- Dragon Knight possessing Animal-Loving Soothsayer's icon.
- Dual Wielder possessing Twin-Blade General's icon.
- Innocent Witch possessing Charming Mage's icon.
- Knight possessing Muscly Paladin's icon.
- Martial Artist possessing Sandstorm Holy Brawler.
- Orb Catalyst User possesses Flame Orb Princess's icon.
- Trident User possessing Magical Dark Lance Demon's icon.
Koji's themes are direct references to one thing...
- Koji's theme song is Battlecry by Nujabes and Shing02, the opening theme song for the popular anime series Samurai Champloo.
Koji has several similarities to Mugen...
- Both are delinquents who have a history with the law with their anarchic lifestyle, simply doing whatever they want causing some sort of havoc.
- Both are introduced into the series at the age of 19, Koji's reincarnation however debuted the character as a 21-year-old who underwent a 2 year time skip before his death.
- Both are freelancers who invented their own way of fighting which more or less consists of combining martial arts and break dancing into an unpredictable fighting style.
Koji's weapons are two direct references...
- Mirai Kuzure's description being a direct reference to the Cosmic Bolter which is a Calamity Mod weapon from Terraria.
- Inkinamaru receives its name after adding Inkina (陰気な) to Maru (丸). Ideas for this name came from messing with Zapp Renfro's primary weapon Blade Form One: Homuramaru from Kekkai Sensen