|“||The thing about this world, Tommy... is that good things don't happen to heroes. Let me tell you a story, Tommy. A story of a man called Theseus. His country... well his city-state, technically, was in danger. And he sent himself forward into enemy lines, he slayed the minotaur, and saved his city. Do you know what they did to him? They exiled him. He died, in disgrace, despised by his people. That's what happens to heroes, Tommy. But if you want to be a hero Tommy... that's fine... that's fine. But if you want to be a hero Tommy... do you want to be a hero Tommy? THEN DIE LIKE ONE!||„|
|~ Technoblade, upon betraying Pogtopia and summoning his Withers|
|“||Remember when I was sitting there, alone, against the whole government -- and you and Wilbur just sat there on the sidelines and watched? Did you step in? Did you step in? Were you guys the ones that stepped in and said, "Don't worry, Technoblade, we know you're in a high-pressure situation, but we'll fight the world for you, Technoblade?" No! You guys watched. You know what I did, yesterday, when you were surrounded by thirty people? When the whole world was against you? I walked in. I was willing to fight all of them for you, Tommy. I would've been there. That is the difference between us.||„|
|~ Technoblade, in an argument during the Doomsday War with TommyInnit.|
Technoblade is a major character in the Dream SMP, joining in the Manberg vs. Pogtopia war as an ally to Pogtopia. He is an anarchist that opposes all forms of government, following a personal code that all governments must be destroyed.
He originally joined the server when he heard that Wilbur and Tommy needed help fighting against Jschlatt, and his ideals aligned with their end goals at the time. This however caused him to cause a mass murder at the Manberg Festival, killing Tubbo in the process. This caused inner conflict between him and Tommy, but strengthened his bond with Wilbur. This leads to the great Manberg-Pogtopia War, which ended with Wilbur blowing up L'Manberg and Technoblade unleashing two withers to destroy the country.
After the war, Technoblade has went into hiding. He proceeded to live in peace for many weeks, attempting to control the voices in his head. However, during his peacetime, L'Manberg formed the Butcher Army as revenge for his attack on the country before attempting to execute him without a fair trial. Techno became even more bitter towards L'Manberg, coming out of his times of peace to get revenge on L'Manberg one more time.
During his tenures, he came across TommyInnit again, this time exiled from his country while lost and alone. Taking pity on the boy, he allowed him to live inside his house, given weaponry, and to even bond together. However, this was a friendship that was not meant to last. During their time together, Tommy healed from his emotional wounds in exile but this caused him to realize that his ideals did not truly align with Technoblade's. During their venture at the festival, Tommy was accused of blowing up the community house and while Techno jumped in to save him, Tommy defected onto L'Manberg's side, taking Techno's Axe of Peace with him. Techno, feeling betrayed and without allies, sided with Dream in their goals to destroy L'Manberg, and on the very next day they did. Crushing all resistance that opposed them, L'Manberg was left a smoking crater while Technoblade went home, satisfied with his revenge.
|“||Sic semper tyrannis||„|
|~ The Motto of the Syndicate|
After the war, Technoblade and Philza settled down once more. This time taking in a potential recruit and former L'Manbergian, Ranboo in with them. Deciding there needed to be a group that could oppose the tyranny and government, Techno and Philza formed 'the Syndicate'. A group where he could recruit others to topple any governments than stand on the Dream SMP.
Technoblade's skin is of a pig donning a crown, white dress shirt, red royal gown, and gray boots. Many interpretations of his designs exist, some of them being directly a pig or some of him wearing a hoglin mask over his face.
|“||Tommy, the thing is, you're using words... but the thing about this world, Tommy, is that the only universal language is violence, and we've had that conversation. We've spoken that language in the pit. It's over, Tommy. Onto a new day. A new plot to destroy Manberg.||„|
|~ Technoblade after dueling Tommy in the pit|
Technoblade is a violent anarchist who opposes all authority. He openly endorses chaos and anarchy, as well as freedom of choice. Techno does not believe in the power of words, as he prefers expressing his emotions with bloodshed and murder. This leads to him being a very quiet person outwardly, but still intimidating those who oppose him. When he does speak, he speaks from his heart, displaying himself with grand speeches that he uses when he wants to make points.
Techno is very proud of himself, showing off his pets or weaponry whenever he can. He touts around his skills to an audience whenever he has one, and is very confident in his abilities never faltering when somebody questions them. He is also very persistent, capable of grinding and working for days on end to become one of the most powerful players on the server. This leads to him also being materialistic, as he is always on the search for the strongest items on the server. He is willing to steal, cheat, grind, trade, manipulate and even kill others to obtain said items.
|“||Those that have treated me with kindness, I will repay that kindness tenfold - And those, that treat me with injustice! That used me. That hunt me down. That hurt my FRIENDS... I shall repay that injustice a thousand times over.||„|
|~ Technoblade after his execution|
|“||Remember when I was sitting there, alone, against the whole government -- and you and Wilbur just sat there on the sidelines and watched? Did you step in? Did you step in? Were you guys the ones that stepped in and said, "Don't worry, Technoblade, we know you're in a high-pressure situation, but we'd fight the world for you, Technoblade"? No! You guys watched. You know what I did, yesterday, when you were surrounded by thirty people? When the whole world was against you? I walked in. I was willing to fight all of them for you, Tommy. I would've been there. That is the difference between us.||„|
|~ Technoblade's final confrontation with Tommy in the fight for L'Manberg|
Techno, despite his violent nature, cares heavily for the people he considers friends and has an undying loyalty. He's very protective of Philza, protecting him whenever a baby zombie even gets close to him, and when he considered Tommy a friend, he jumped in to save Tommy in the face of fighting an entire country. However, the opposite goes for people that betray him. If you hurt him, attack him, or make him feel betrayed. He will repay those feelings one thousand times over. He is constantly holds grudges against those who hurt him or his friends, and will do anything to make them pay.
Techno's philosophy is 'the ends justifies the means'. He has a very noble goal, to stop tyranny and governments, and is willing to do anything achieve said goal. Whether it blow up innocent people's homes, kidnapping others, or simple murder. Those that go against him will especially not be spared, and as long as his end goal is achieved, he does not care if the means are morally just or not.
Tier: 9-A without gear, 8-B, possibly Low 7-C with gear.
Name: Technoblade, Techno Blade (Legal Name), Protesilaus
Origin: Dream SMP
Age: Unknown (Although knowing his birthday he does not know how old he is)
Classification: Human/Pig Hybrid (Originally Anthromorphic Pig)
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 2, 3 (Can survive and regenerate from arrows through his skull), and possible 7 (Once a Characters on the dream smp loses all of their lives they will become a ghost who has no limit on ressurection, though since Techno comes from "somewhere else" it is unknown if he fallows this rule)), Damage Boost (via crits), Weapon Mastery, Preparation, Acrobatics (One of the few people to successfully complete Hbomb's Parkour Tower), Regeneration (Mid; Can regenerate from arrows through his skull), Non-Physical Interaction (Can damage Vexes), Vehicular Mastery (Skillfull at using boats), Multiple Personalities (Has voices in his head), Social Influencing (Tricked Skeppy into completing the maze for him), Breaking the Fourth Wall, Possibly Self-Sustenance (Type 1, Was able to survive on the Moon with no oxygen supply), Clairvoyance (Has visions in his dreams that tells him items he needs), Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Because of the fact that Techno has thousands of voices in his head he was able to completely ignore the Egg's voice), Extreme Cold and Cosmic Radiations (via SMP Earth being canon to Technoblade and Philza; was able to survive being on the Moon).
Magic, Fire Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation and Light Manipulation (via TNT or Fireworks), Summoning (Capable of summoning Withers), Memory Manipulation (The Axe of Peace is stated to be able to cause memory loss), Teleportation (via Ender Pearls), Statistics Reduction, Water Manipulation (Can use water to propel himself with his trident), Limited Pseudo-Flight (Can use his trident to fly, but only in rainy weather), Limited Matter Manipulation (His tools will automatically repair themselves), Limited Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Purification (Type 3; Can cure status effects by drinking milk), Statistics Amplification (via Golden Apples and Potions), Healing, Dimensional Storage (via Ender Chest), Status Effect Inducement (via Tipped Arrows), Limited Probability Manipulation (via Diamantspitzhacke, which is enchanted with Fortune), Attack Reflection (Thorns causes damage to be reflected back onto the attacker), Gravity Manipulation (via Slow Fall potions), Portal Creation (via Nether Portals), Invisibility, Poison Manipulation, Resistance to Fire Manipulation
Attack Potency: Small Building level without gear (Should be far superior to Silverfish who can fragment solid meters cubed of stone. Beat TommyInnit in a fistfight without armor), City Block level, possibly Small Town level with gear (Is known to be one of the strongest players on the server, as him simply joining can cause others to find fear. Is regularly regarded to be on the same level as Dream in terms of power, and killed many of L'Manberg who were capable of fighting Withers, which he summoned)
Lifting Strength: Class 50 (Capable of swinging around entire solid blocks of gold and diamond)
Striking Strength: Small Building level without gear, City Block level, possibly Small Town level with gear.
Stamina: Very high (Capable of grinding for materials for days on end and can also fight extremely long battles without breaking a sweat)
Range: Standard melee range, extended melee range with most weapons, a few meters with potions, dozens of meters with fireworks and arrows.
- Axe of Peace: A netherite axe carried around by Technoblade, enchanted with Sharpness 5, Efficiency 5, Unbreaking 3, and Mending. Stated to be able to cause memory loss to those who are hit by it, though Technoblade usually uses it to break shields.
- Orphan Obliterator: A netherite sword that was named after his hatred for orphans. It is enchanted with Sharpness 5, Sweeping Edge 3, Fire Aspect 2, Looting 3, Unbreaking 3, and Mending. His main weapon for combat, preferring the quick and swift strikes over the slow and timed precision of the axes.
- Rocket Launcher: His preferred ranged weapon. Enchanted with Quick Charge 3, Unbreaking 3, Multishot, and Mending. Formerly named Subscribe to Technoblade, this was his weapon used in the Manberg Massacre to kill all of those in the audience. Unlike a normal bow, this weapon is usually loaded with fireworks instead of arrows, though he has put weakness arrows into the weapon occasionally. Due to it being loaded with explosive weaponry, it is very powerful, capable of tearing through those with Netherite Armor with ease. However, he has occasionally loaded it with Weakness, Poison, and Damage-inducing arrows once his rocket supply runs low.
- Trident: An unnamed trident that Technoblade carries around. This was obtained by him to make travel between Manberg and Pogtopia easier, as well as to show off. It is enchanted with Mending, Riptide 3, and Unbreaking 3. It allows him to quickly propel himself across the air as long as there is water nearby or it is raining.
- Technoblade's Armor: The armor that he usually wears, granting him heightened resistance to knockback and explosions due to it's property of being made out of Netherite. All of the pieces are enchanted with Protection 4, Thorns 3, Unbreaking 3, and Mending. His helmet and boots have extra enchantments in Aqua Affinity, Respiration 3, Depth Strider 3, Feather Falling 4, and Soul Speed 3.
- Technodrill: A pickaxe named after a similar pun to his own name. It is enchanted with Efficiency 5, Unbreaking 3, Mending, and Silk Touch. This allows him to pick up materials directly upon breaking them without getting any unneeded remains.
- Strength: Significantly boosts the power of the affected, making so their strikes can be severely more devastating than they would be normally.
- Speed: Significantly boosts the speed of the affected, making so that they move faster than they would be normally. This allows them to travel to places faster or strafe around enemies easier.
- Regeneration: Boosts the regeneration of the user, allowing them to regenerate far quicker mid-combat and thus letting them last longer.
- Fire Resistance: Grants the user a resistance to fire, allowing them to swim through lava baths with ease and completely ignore magical flames.
- Instant Health: Heals the user, unlike regeneration this is an instant heal compared to regeneration's workings of over time.
- Slow Falling: Changes the gravity of the user, allowing them to fall slower and remain airborne for longer. This allows Techno to retain high ground for a longer amount of time, acting like a pseudo form of flight.
- Invisibility: Grants the user invisibility, allowing them to sneak into secure locations or deal surprise attack to an opponent.
- Turtle Master: Drasticly reduses incoming damage and the users speed, allowing them to safely engaging close combat.
- Weakness: Techno's most preferred set of arrows. This applies a weakness effect to the enemy severely reducing their damage output, making them overall weaker in-combat.
- Instant Damage: Deals extra damage to an enemy, bypassing all forms of armor and directly hitting the opponent.
- Poison: Inflicts poison onto an enemy, forcing them to take damage overtime and lowering their health significantly.
Intelligence: Technoblade is known to be one of the most skilled players on the entirety of the Dream SMP, rivaled only by Dream himself. He boasts about his amazing capabilities and has the skill to back up his claims, regularly taking on those with better gear than him and still remaining victorious. Technoblade has beaten a large group of enemies with the help of Dream without dying a single time, and is easily capable of 2v1ing those with full Netherite by himself without even utilizing a shield. He is so renowned for his skill at PvP, that simply him entering the fray can cause those to hesitate in their attacks, as his reputation as a combatant is not to be trifled with.
Standard Tactics: Technoblade will usually begin a battle by boosting himself with a wide spread of potions. Then, depending on the distance, he will either open fire with weakness arrows and fireworks from his crossbow, or rush into melee. Technoblade's combat-style in melee is very aggressive, looking to overwhelm the opponent with a set of quick and fast strikes while keeping an eye on his health making sure he can heal when he needs to. If an opponent attempts to block with a shield, he will switch to his axe which causes shields to falter and render unable to be used. He usually uses the speed granted by his potions to strafe around the enemy and run circles, making it so that they cannot easily hit him if they try, forcing them into a corner where all they can do is try to defend. If an enemy attempts to retreat, he will use his ender pearls and trident to reach them and immediately begin his assault again.
Weaknesses: Can get distracted by animals, gives in rather easily to peer pressure, upon becoming ghost his personality will be changed to an unknown degree.
Note: Techno is not like other individuals on the SMP coming from "somewhere else" so abilities other SMP users might have may not apply to him.