The original law wielded by the Archangel of Knowledge, Jophiel, Raziel is unique among all other laws due to their nature. As the law of secrets and mysteries, Raziel's power is to improve upon any technology, allowing them to develop self-awareness and intelligence. These traits allowed them to work alongside Jophiel for many years, until they were abandoned by their wielder and closest friend once her obsession with her eldest sister took hold. Cast aside to stew and grow bitter, the once idealistic Raziel lost their faith in the world and was sealed alone and away for many years... until a new host found them.
The fifth archangel to be created by Yaldabaoth, Jophiel is the Archangel of Knowledge, created to oversee and advance the development of Heavenly technology. As with all the archangels, Jophiel was given a law at the time of her birth, a law to help her in her role. This law is Raziel, the Law of Secrets, a law whose purvey is the development and perfection of technology, making it a perfect partner for Jophiel. Together, they would advance Heaven’s technology and grow to truly understand the world.
Thanks to its abilities, a power that revolved around the perfection of anything and everything, Raziel constantly evolved as a law, growing increasingly powerful, and, eventually, even self-aware. This makes them unique among all other laws, and this intelligence allowed them to be an even greater help for Jophiel, who came to see them as her best and only friend. Whatever relationship they had was and is beyond words for the both of them, a bond so close and deep that it becomes impossible to articulate.
They made a good team, with Jophiel’s burgeoning creativity and curiosity and Raziel’s vast knowledge and processing power coming together to bring Heaven’s technology further forward. Jophiel discovered and explored, bringing information to Raziel, who encouraged experimentation and delved deeper into what they were presented. As Yaldabaoth slunked off into the background of their lives, their freedom grew, and they traveled far beyond Heaven in search of more and more knowledge, anything they could use to help Heaven.
In these journeys, Jophiel discovered the truth of Heaven’s existence, and that Yaldabaoth had never been a god, but merely a deluded and self-obsessed seraph whose power had gone to her head. This shook her and Raziel to their cores and fundamentally changed their worldviews. This broadened Raziel’s world, as they realized that it was so much more complex than they had imagined, while Jophiel struggled more. When she, full of doubts, brought this up with her siblings only to be ridiculed, and then for what she had said to be confirmed by Mastema and accepted without question, both her and Raziel were shaken even more. While Jophiel was crushed, confused, and devastated by her sisters’ rejection and Mastema upstaging her, Raziel was left angry, frustrated by the way their beloved host was treated.
Continuing their research together, Raziel and Jophiel looked upon the world outside of Heaven with more open eyes and minds. They saw worlds with such incredible diversity of thought, with freedom, happiness, and possibility that had never existed in Heaven, and both began to strongly doubt the regimented society they had been born into. While Jophiel saw many rise to power and influence, she saw many more amount to nothing, something that caused her to see the world as full of nothings that existed to be directed, nothings that had no interest in growth, Raziel saw more. They believed in more. What they saw gave them faith, and they grew to believe that their knowledge could be used to improve not only Heaven, but the entire world.
But still, their duties to Heaven gave Jophiel and Raziel lots to struggle with, and much to deliberate. With their energies focused on Heaven, whether they liked it or not, they were both denied the possibility they had seen otherwise. This consumed Jophiel, who was torn between her duty and the freedom and happiness she had seen, while Raziel found themself unsatisfied. They were happy enough to just be useful, but… Jophiel was unfulfilled, and Raziel shared in her miseries as best they could.
Everything changed for the both of them once the demonic rebel Lucifer made her presence known and struck against Heaven. Though they worked to support Heaven against this new threat, both Jophiel and Raziel wavered, and the war was ultimately Jophiel’s breaking point. Her beliefs validated by the destruction and power a lone ambitious demon who pushed herself to her limits was able to achieve, Jophiel lost all loyalty to her mother’s vision of Heaven. She understood, then and there, that for Heaven to be perfect, it must be recreated.
Again, when she brought this up to her siblings, she was rejected, only for Mastema to confirm that Heaven had to change and move forward. Once more, Mastema’s statements were accepted without complaint, while Jophiel was swept to the side. Besides, Mastema did not seek the same things. She sought only to move forward so much that any other threat could be crushed with overwhelming force, and had no interest in truly changing Heaven.
At this point, all of Jophiel’s bitterness, resentment, and jealousy bubbled over, a burning need for recognition and respect centered around the one figure who had always overshadowed her. Mastema, who had always been given everything she so longed, who had always been Yaldabaoth’s favorite, who had always been all that mattered. She did nothing but propagate their mother’s idiocy, and yet, Jophiel was always brushed aside. This consumed her, and Jophiel sought to surpass Mastema, to prove herself to her, and everyone else, to make Heaven a better place on her own, no matter what.
Her need to one-up Mastema bled together with her more altruistic ambitions, and Jophiel, desperate to gain the power she needed to surpass her elder sister, delved into everything she could. Raziel, ever loyal and supportive, assisted her, but as the gears in Jophiel’s brain turned, Raziel’s eagerness to help turned to mounting fear. The conclusion Jophiel had reached was not a good one. She realized that Mastema had always been alone, had always been apart. She stood at the peak of Heaven and she stood alone. How could Jophiel, who had always depended on the tool her mother had given her, ever hope to even match her?
Jophiel’s reinvention of her identity was self-destructive, and she literally tore herself apart to become the person she felt she needed to be. Gone was the meek and nerdy thing she had once been; now, Jophiel would be confident and capable. Most importantly, she would be independent, once she kicked out her own crutch, the thing that had been holding her back all along. Though Raziel pleaded and begged, Jophiel ignored them, and ripped them out of her soul, seeking a law that would be a better weapon, one that could match the Spear of Destiny. A spear of her own, not a friend.
However, Jophiel could not bring herself to destroy her one and only friend, and instead sealed them away, and cast them out of sight and out of mind. So Raziel was left to rot alone. Jophiel’s betrayal, the betrayal of the person they held above all else, shattered Raziel’s world. The faith and hope they once had slowly faded away, and in its place something bitter and despairing took hold. What had once been love was warped into hate and terror, and Raziel cursed Jophiel, alone in their prison, hoping deep inside that maybe, one day, someone better could free them, and put them to good use.
And one day, that someone came.
As a fundamentally incorporeal being, Raziel vastly prefers their original form as abstracted information to any physical body they could take, finding it far more comfortable and natural. When they do take physical form, they generally prefer to take that of technology, such as computers or tablets, or whatever other sort of device would be appropriate for a host. Anything that would be grasped as useful technology that could be used to access information is a potential form; even just a book. In such cases, they are simple, sleek, and undecorated; once, they would have a Heavenly insignia emblazoned on, but not anymore. When in use, they may appear on the screens of these devices as a floating halo, a question mark, or some other small avatar, potentially mimicking their host - in this case, Harahel, someone who Raziel has taken quite the liking to.
When mimicking Harahel, whether in avatar form or in full, Raziel may appear in their "truest" form as a flickering, staticky silhouette, though a bit more faded, or in their humanoid guise, with slight variations. Raziel appears in more muted colors, with scruffier, darker hair, but the biggest difference is in their eyes. Rather than the big, wide, and innocent eyes that Harahel so distinctly sports, Raziel's gaze is more focused, and their expression is often a sullen, squinty scowl. Their wardrobe is also simpler, trimmed down to a simple, messy button-up shirt and pants, though they often cycle through a variety of costumes and outfits when educating their host, to better illustrate certain points. This "cosplay closet" initially existed for having fun with Jophiel, but is now put to use with Harahel, who benefits from the imagery when learning about alien topics.
Years and years of forced solitude have worn down the once idealistic and positive Raziel to a gruff and serious person used to constant, oppressive loneliness. Dry, matter-of-fact, and humorless in conversation, Raziel is cold and robotic in their mannerisms, something they care little for. Their life is a constant struggle with paranoia and distrust, brought on by their years of isolation following a heartbreaking betrayal, and they are deeply, profoundly miserable. Underneath their flat exterior, Raziel is still deeply curious, driven by a need to create and learn, and though they may be used to their solitude, they crave the chance to invent alongside someone else.
Stiff and predictable in their robotic thought processes, the majority of Raziel's time is spent simply running their program and silently thinking. Thoughtful and quiet by nature, they are used to being left alone, something that they do prefer, for the most part, even if they have grown very, very lonely. Due to the way that they function, Raziel approaches all situations, including social ones, as problems to be solved and questions to be answered, and they generally do not concern themself otherwise. As a result, they're all business when they do talk, often even mechanically so, and they are invariably stiff and awkward, especially when out of their comfort zone. Which is most of the time. They don't know how to act in social situations and have little to talk about, so conversations with them quickly die out. However, if given the opportunity to talk about the many things they know, Raziel will happily launch into long lectures.
Friendship is an alien thing for Raziel. The only relationship they've ever had worth anything was their long bond with Jophiel, something that Raziel finds impossible to put into words. Even when with a host, Raziel has difficulty speaking up and tends to go quiet for long periods of time, only opening up to share useful information. Raziel feels uncomfortable talking without contributing something of use, and though Harahel helps them slowly become more comfortable with social situations, they still love their silence. By nature, Raziel is an extreme perfectionist and has little patience for inefficiency and disorganization, which they are uncontrollably driven to correct. They also highly value knowledge, of course, which is why they love to share it so much, and they feel joy whenever anyone seeks out knowledge and takes the time and effort to learn things. They love to teach and help people like this, and they feel like knowledge and true, hard effort could make the world a much better place. Despite this, Raziel is often cagey and secretive, finding it difficult to trust enough to talk much about anything of value. They often feel as if others don’t deserve to share their knowledge, and fear what may happen if they were to fall in the wrong hands.
Thanks to Jophiel, Raziel is a deeply bitter person, and though they once sought to make the world a better place and help people, now, their prime concern is simply surviving and finding happiness. Somehow. They have very deeply set trust issues and feel as if they'll never be safe and need to forever be on guard. Moreso than anything else, they fear abandonment, something that makes them very resistant to any attempts to grow close to them, as they expect only danger from intimacy. But still, they crave it, they need it, and as Harahel helps them open up, Raziel finds themself growing increasingly clingy. What they want most is the same bond they once had with Jophiel, a relationship in which they are useful and needed. Because of their own experiences, Raziel is extremely loyal to those who have gained their trust, supplying the same loyalty they themself desire.
While Jophiel came to a negative conclusion after looking out at the world, seeing masses of people that were too weak-willed to seize knowledge and power, Raziel came to a more positive conclusion upon witnessing them. For a long time, they had faith in people, and believed they could easily amount to so much and truly change the world through their efforts together. It's not the same anymore. Now, Raziel fears people as a whole, believing that they may just be fundamentally flawed and malicious in some way, and they have little faith in the future they still dream of.
Created to be wielded and used, Raziel struggles to see themself as anything but a tool. Though they know, on some level, that they are more than that, that is still the self-image that haunts them on some fundamental level. They wish to be used, preferably to help people and accomplish something, as their existence has been defined by their nature as a law. Slowly, as Harahel grows closer to them, they together find a more secure place in the world and something to believe.
Powers and Statistics
Tier: High 3-A | Unknown | 3-C | High 3-A
Powers and Abilities:
Genius Intelligence, Information Analysis (They specialize in analyzing information and phenomena of all sorts) and Manipulation (Raziel can control and alter raw information), Conceptual Manipulation (Type 4; Raziel can control and alter the basest states of information, their attacks affect opponents on such a level, and they can control and reprogram inner worlds), Curse Manipulation, Fate Manipulation (They can use their own replicated Spear of Destiny, which imposes destiny on its target to kill them in a single blow. Hamartia also affects fate, dooming victims to self-destruct as a result of their own failings), Higher-Dimensional Manipulation (Can manipulate and transmit information through higher spatial dimensions, and create multidimensional constructs), Illusion Manipulation (Can create perfect illusions and even use the most powerful form of illusion, Paracosm Phantasmagoria, which inverts the inner world of a victim to trap them within), Law Manipulation (Raziel can transform ordinary weapons into incarnated laws, they can install other laws to take on their properties, and they can harm and destroy them), Life Manipulation, Mathematics Manipulation (Raziel can alter mathematics and how math affects the world through World Operation), Mind Manipulation, Pain Manipulation (Their attacks cause "true", spiritual pain, affecting even those who cannot feel pain normally, and they can numb this pain in their hosts), Physics Manipulation (Raziel can control and reprogram physics through World Operation), Probability Manipulation, Quantum Manipulation, Size Manipulation (Raziel can control the dimensions of objects and beings, potentially compacting them down to the Planck scale), Soul Manipulation (All their attacks, physical or magical, affect the soul just as they do the body, and through Inner World Operation, they can control and reprogram souls and even inner worlds), Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Abstract Existence (Type 1; Raziel is a law, an incarnated concept, and can only be affected or harmed by similarly conceptual attacks. Harming them is as difficult as harming a physical law would be), Attack Reflection (Zadkiel can be used to reflect attacks), Dimensional Travel, Duplication (By installing Armisael, Raziel allows their host to manifest choices they considered as phantasmal duplicates), Healing, Incorporeality/Intangibility (Immaterial; Raziel is made out of magic and immune to conventional physical harm), Invulnerability (As a Heavenly law, Raziel is akin to a physical constant, a law that can only be harmed and broken with magic or through sheer willpower), Portal Creation, Possession, Power Mimicry (Raziel can easily copy spells, abilities, and physical phenomena after analyzing them, and then build upon them, perfecting them and changing things as necessary), Power Modification (Inner World Operators can affect the spiritual root of another agent's abilities, changing how their inner world expresses itself, and Raziel can refine a host's inner world, making it healthier and more powerful. Hamartia, on the other hand, makes the inner worlds of victims more unhealthy), Power Nullification (Paracosm Phantasmagoria can strip victims of their magical abilities, and Zadkiel disbars the idea of combat and hostility, preventing attacks from functioning properly when they pass through), Precognition (Using their analytical abilities, Raziel can accurately predict the future and determine the perfect way to accomplish any course of action through doing so, taking the potential future actions of others into account. They can even react to billions of attacks delivered through Logos before any of them happen), Limited Resurrection (If Harahel is killed, Raziel can rapidly provide medical attention to bring them back to life, but with only a tiny window of time to do so), Sealing (Paracosm Phantasmagoria seals its target within their own soul by inverting their inner world), Shapeshifting, Statistics Amplification (Raziel can boost their host's spells' offensive power), Telekinesis, Telepathy, Teleportation, Immortality (Types 1, 3, 6, and 8; Raziel is a law, a fundamental part of the universe), Regeneration (Mid-Godly; Raziel is pure conceptual data, an incarnated law, and can regenerate from nothing but this data)
Magic (The magic used by agents is a process of making their Fantasy into Reality), Extrasensory Perception (Agents maintain a constant, perfect, and precise image of their surroundings by analyzing them through magic), Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2, and 3; as a law, vital processes such as breathing, drinking, eating, and sleeping are completely unnecessary for Raziel), Forcefield Creation, Accelerated Development (In notably long-term and high-stress situations, agents tend to become stronger more quickly than they would otherwise), Limited Causality Manipulation (Repression allows an agent to "suspend" their injuries, essentially temporarily erasing them and ignoring their effects), Damage Transferal (Agents can perform "grounding", which allows them to mirror harm to an opponent's body on their soul, as well as exploit similar connections to damage similar sources, such as a phylactery), Non-Physical Interaction (An agent can interact with immaterial or incorporeal entities, such as ghosts, as well as things that don't exist), Reactive Evolution (An Absolute Barrier automatically adapts to attacks to become more resistant, and Raziel is constantly adapting and modifying themself to best suit any situation. In addition, Mutation programs run in the background of Raziel's consciousness, causing beneficial mutations in their attacks, allowing them to slip through adaptive defenses and specialized counters), Reality Warping with Override Sigils (Override Sigils can be used to overwrite the laws of physics), Resistance Negation (Agents can pierce magical defenses, even absolute barriers, to enact the adverse effects of their attacks and spells, fully stripping said resistances away if given the chance), Statistics Amplification (During particularly intense moments, when acting in a manner true to their inner world, Raziel may achieve ego synchronization, boosting all of their abilities for as long as the state lasts, though this is pretty rare; after unlocking their inner world, they're typically in a light ego trance by default, empowering their abilities even further during particularly intense moments), Acausality (Type 2; An agent's history, present, and fate all exist independently of the past and future), Immunity to Soul Manipulation (Raziel does not have a soul), Resistance to conceptual, mental, physical, and spiritual attack (Absolute Barriers protect the user from attacks on all levels of existence, potentially providing protection against a host of abilities)
Attack Potency: High Universe level (While not as strong as Yaldabaoth's Sefirot, Raziel is on a similar level of power due to their status as a natural law, though their effects are more hax than straightforwardly destructive, and they are also the weakest of the natural laws) | Unknown (Raziel is not a destructive weapon and lacks ability when it comes to combat and straightforward destructive capabilities, depending more on a host for such things, though they can still easily ignore conventional durability) | Galaxy level (After accessing Prometheus Dream, Raziel's power on their lonesome has grown to the level of Harahel's, making them comparable to the likes of Azrael, Beelzebub, and Metatron, though their abilities are still not straightforwardly destructive and they'd still be better off with a host) | High Universe level (With Harahel, Raziel has surpassed their original level of power, becoming comparable to Uriel's Cassiel, one of the strongest natural laws, though their abilities are still not straightforwardly destructive. With Harahel's replicated Thaumiel, Raziel's power skyrockets, making them superior to Sefirot).
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Raziel's processing speed was superior to that of the Jophiel of their time, who, while weaker, was still faster than the likes of Logos) | Varies depending on their host (The exact amount of processing power Raziel is able to access and use properly depends on their host; even though their top processing speed is always accessible, they may not be able to use it consistently, properly, or safely when limited by a host), up to Massively FTL+ (Raziel's full processing speed is fast enough to track and comprehend the movements of Archangels like Uriel, but they cannot make full use of their processing abilities without a host to assist), Infinite attack speed with Bit Contraction (Raziel can erase the time it takes for their or their host's attacks to occur, causing them to happen instantly, although applying this to a host's attacks would be difficult at this point) | Massively FTL+ (Comparable to the likes of Beelzebub, but with far greater processing speed, enough to track Mastema's movements), Infinite attack speed with Bit Contraction | Massively FTL+ (Their processing speed is at its peak, allowing them to potentially follow even Super Mastema's movements, though not without extreme difficulty, straining them greatly), Infinite attack speed with Bit Contraction.
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: High Universal | Unknown | Galactic Class | High Universal
Durability: High Universe level (Can withstand blows from other natural laws, such as Uriel's Cassiel, showcasing unusual durability in comparison to their comparatively low strength) | Unknown (While Raziel is made to last as a natural law, without a host, they can be damaged by any magic backed up by a sufficient will and/or sufficient knowledge, though killing them is another matter) | Galaxy level | High Universe level (They can take hits from other natural laws, such as Uriel's Cassiel, without breaking. When amplified by Harahel's replicated Thaumiel, Raziel becomes so strong that a law like the Spear of Destiny is needed to potentially break them, though they can take hits from it).
Stamina: Limitless. As a natural law, stamina is kind of an alien concept to Raziel, who has an inexhaustible supply of energy and can function for a virtually indefinite amount of time because of this. Though they may need rest on some psychological level, Raziel's rampant self-modification has vastly increased the amount of time they can operate even when under significant duress. While Raziel's lack of combat experience means they aren't quite the best at taking attacks, they can still continue to act even when badly injured.
Range: Varies depending on their form and the host; up to Universal (Like an archangel, Raziel can potentially attack any point in Heaven from anywhere else in Heaven) to Interdimensional with magic (Raziel can reach into other universes, interacting with and attacking things inside them, without leaving Heaven, and they can also telepathically communicate or teleport such distances).
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable.
Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius. As the law of secrets and mysteries, Raziel's entire purpose is analyzing, recording, and storing information, and then developing and improving upon the things they know alongside their wielder, originally Jophiel, but now Harahel. Upon creation, Raziel already had a vast store of magical and scientific knowledge at their disposal, granted to them by Yaldabaoth, who shared nearly everything she knew with the law. This understanding spreads from physics to biology to mathematics, accounting for even far-off alien beings and abnormal universes that follow no reasoning that can be compared to a more ordinary one. They have a deep well of magic at their disposal, perhaps deeper than nearly anyone's save for their original wielder, particularly excelling within the department of Inner World Operation, much like Jophiel, allowing them to identify critical spiritual weaknesses and properties in people they've just met by analyzing their behavior and abilities. But when it comes to the soul, Raziel is a doctor first and foremost, an expert in medical care that can swiftly bring their patients back from the brink of death, repairing critical damage to even their inner world and building it back up tougher and healthier than ever. They're also an authority in World Operation, even if they aren't quite as good in its use. It's only natural that their knowledge is so close to one another, as they worked together for many billions of years, traveling the world outside of Heaven and seeking out even more magic, the more mysterious, the more complex, and the more interesting, the better. Their new host, Harahel, while not nearly as gifted as the Archangel of Knowledge, put just as much effort into expanding Raziel's data banks, bringing them to a higher level of understanding and knowledge than ever before. With their function in mind, it should be no surprise that Raziel has a exceptional capacity for data processing, certainly far above that of an alchemical Matrioshka brain from a backwater planet, abilities that they put to use constantly, in pursuit of knowledge and to aid their hosts. They excel at perfecting things, developing spells, strategies, techniques, and even their own physiology and how they function to higher levels than ever before, something that makes them a substantial boon for their host. As intelligent as they are, Raziel's abilities are geared towards support and aiding their host, making them lacking when it comes to combat ability and much less able when they're left on their own. They still have access to all their knowledge, however, host or not, and even if they aren't a fighter, Raziel's presence will make their host much, much more powerful than before. While the host focuses on combat, Raziel will focus on support, providing excellent medical attention with perfect timing while supplying magical knowledge, tactical advice, and refinements to anything their host may be doing, from their thought processes to their abilities. Raziel has exceptional potential in this department, always growing more and more competent and knowledgeable, seemingly without limit, and with a host as curious and capable as Harahel, they are sure to become even more intelligent.
Weaknesses: Raziel's powers and abilities are not geared towards combat, and they are dependent on a host to make full use of their abilities. However, they must also limit themself to properly integrate with most hosts, to prevent their vast stores of information from overloading and killing them. In addition, they strongly dislike and seek to avoid manifesting themself as a traditional, weaponized law, and they're only willing to do so for a particularly beloved host like Harahel. Their attempts to perfect their own functions do not always work out in their favor, and are often self-destructive, and their broader applications of this ability require them to be knowledgeable on what they're trying to modify.
Agency: A mage is more properly known as an agent, as in “one that acts or exerts power”. Separated from the rest of the cosmos, an agent is essentially a miniature universe all their own, with complete control over their destiny, free to pursue whatever future they wish. They do this through magic, the art of using one’s understanding to control Fantasy, the stuff of sheer willpower and imagination.
- Absolute Barrier: A magical barrier that protects the user from external manipulation and attack, on every level of existence. An Absolute Barrier protects the user’s body, mind, and soul - their cells and atoms, the magical and physical forces keeping them together, and everything else. It is akin to a magical immune system, protecting the agent from threats and adapting to future attack.It passively protects the user from most types of attack, manipulation, and control, as long as the barrier is strong enough - an agent of substantially greater power can punch straight through one. An Absolute Barrier is passively maintained at all times, even in sleep, requiring no energy to maintain, and can only be removed by a stronger agent actively stripping it away, or by the user consciously lowering them.An Absolute Barrier is the evolved form of the soul’s original protective layer, refined through the usage of and exposure to magic.
- Radar: An agent’s magical abilities passively sustain a constant 360° image of their surroundings, which is projected straight to their mind for processing. This radar is far more reliable than conventional senses, and cannot be easily fooled by tricks that would trip up any normal human. In the hands of a powerful enough agent, it can even track superluminal movements. It constantly operates at the agent’s maximum processing speed, even when such things would normally be restricted to allow for normal, everyday life.
Law of Secrets: Raziel is a Heavenly law, a highly advanced conceptual weapon that takes the form of an incarnated idea. As one of the original nine natural laws created by Yaldabaoth, Raziel’s power as a law is equivalent to that of a physical law, as is their resilience, making damaging them a difficult prospect, as impossible as breaking the laws of physics. It doesn’t help that they take the same abstract form, a body of fundamental information that integrates itself into a “host” to aid them in life. Once joined, Raziel spreads throughout their host’s soul as a complex, multi-dimensional computing system, externally manifesting as a tablet or some other device if needed.
Raziel’s purview is, as their name implies, secrets and mysteries, what is unknown and to be discovered, a function that made it perfect in its original role as the law of Jophiel, the Archangel of Knowledge. While Raziel may be lacking in the sheer power of other laws, they make up for it with their sheer potential. Rather than focus on combat, Raziel’s abilities revolve around the development and perfection of pre-existing and new technologies. It is this ability, this capacity for growth, that allowed Raziel to develop self-awareness and intelligence. They are perhaps the most advanced law of all.
While most definitely capable on their lonesome, Raziel’s abilities are at their best when they work in concert with a host. Vast stores of knowledge and information, both possessed since birth and expanded over time, are at their disposal, and when working with another, Raziel can further build on their knowledge and put it to good use. Though they have exceptional processing ability, it isn’t quite as good when they’re alone, requiring a host to bring out their full potential.
Inner World Operation: The pinnacle of spiritual magic — the art of inner world programming, and the manipulation of the soul itself, in all its constituents. Rather than a cohesive, established system, Inner World Operation is spiritual magic of the highest caliber, and encompasses all lesser disciplines and systems.
Information processing, the manifestation of dreams and illusions, the growth of a person and their soul, the art of psychic manipulation, psychological analysis, and either repairing or reaping the soul are all available to a true Inner World Operator, and all can eventually lead to this result, but this level of magic is far greater and more complex than just the psychic laws we know. An Inner World Operator can quickly adapt to alien souls and the unfamiliar ideas they abide by, or even those souls that don't exist, controlling them in the same way, and in time, it ventures deeper into the territory of magic, to a realm unbound by all conventional law and science.
Raziel is an exceptional Inner World Operator. After all, it was always Jophiel’s prime interest and foremost specialty, and Raziel retains all the knowledge that the two of them developed together, through their shared research. While they can use it themself, like all their knowledge, it is best utilized by or in concert with a host, though the complexity of the magic makes it difficult to share with others.
- Decompression Bomb: A malicious, subtle curse program that, when analyzed or decompressed, reveals itself to be containing a ridiculous amount of useless information. So much, in fact, that the sheer amount of processing power needed can cause the soul to freeze up. Even worse, when injected into a soul, the bomb’s ‘detonation’ can completely overwrite its host’s inner world, killing them.While perfectly usable as attacks, these bombs are best utilized as traps meant to catch anyone who tries to analyze Raziel’s host’s soul or spells, causing their software to hang and leaving them vulnerable to counterattack. Raziel’s decompression bombs are incredibly sophisticated, built to foil attempts at detecting and avoiding them before it’s too late. At which point they mentally compel victims to try and complete the process anyways, rather than try and back out to avoid the consequences.
- Defensive Permutation: By rapidly rearranging their contents or those of their host’s soul, Raziel modifies vital spiritual components to avoid incoming attacks and minimize the damage taken. While Raziel can do this very swiftly, different attacks will require different defensive measures and permutations depending on their properties and where they're coming from, and they can thus be overwhelmed or caught by surprise.
- Ego Stabilizer: Raziel can project a barrier into their inner world, or another person’s, to provide protection and keep it stable in a pinch. This barrier takes the shape of the subject’s personal reality and patches up any holes, allowing the subject to escape death and heal properly when in dire straits. It can also be used to block attacks, but it is best utilized for healing purposes and preventing an ego collapse. Performing this spell for a host is a vital part of Raziel’s duties in a fight.
- Offensive Permutation: By rapidly rearranging the contents of their host’s soul, Raziel modifies spiritual components to optimize the potency of their next attack or series of attacks. While this new offensive configuration can be sustained for longer periods of time, it comes at the expense of defenses and other processes, and is thus best activated when needed and deactivated when not for the sake of versatility.
- Personal History Falsification: By altering a person’s complete individual concept, Raziel can insert actions and events into their past or future, even modifying physical world lines through this same ability. This is most often used to execute proper medical care for their host, using this ability to remove injuries and other unpreferable events, but can also be used to manifest successful maneuvers against an opponent, introducing them as an immutable fate from either the past or future.With this ability, Raziel can potentially significantly change inner worlds, though this takes quite the investment of time and energy and isn’t usually all that worth it. In addition, while this ability is better suited towards modifying the spiritual world, Raziel is skilled enough to alter the physical world as well, though they obviously favor working with souls.
- Spiritual Profiling: Thanks to a familiarity with the soul, Raziel can come up with a detailed and generally accurate profile of another individual’s soul and its composition just by spending time around them and analyzing their actions. It’s even more effective in combat, during which Raziel can come to conclusions on her opponent’s inner world based on their magic, how it functions, and how it’s used. This is far from foolproof, but any profile will be refined over time, becoming more and more accurate and laying the foundation for future analysis and attack.
- Paracosm Phantasmagoria: The pinnacle of hallucinatory magic, an illusion that inverts the inner world rather than merely fool around with any of its target’s conventional senses. This draws them into their own consciousness and traps them within, a combination of an illusion and seal, allowing Raziel to peruse their memories or put them out of their misery. As long as the spell is active, the victim is subject to a perfect illusion that can draw upon all their thoughts, memories, wishes, and fears to replicate the outside world.Raziel has complete control of the specifics; their illusions can be complex, realistic, and subtle, acting over the course of what feels like lifetimes, or nightmarish, seemingly impossible fever dreams. They can make victims relive parts of their lives, or potentially the whole thing, show other possible outcomes, create completely false scenarios, control their actions and force them to follow an unpleasant “script”, or concoct various scenes that acknowledge their unreality but subject the victim to perfectly lifelike torture anyways. They can alter their perception of time during this illusion as well, making them experience what is just moments in reality as years upon years of falsehoods.Even if their victim knows it’s an illusion, breaking out without outside help is so difficult that it’s nearly impossible. Magic can be barred by Raziel with ease, and they can control any magic that they let through anyways. Analyzing the spell while under its effects is extremely challenging, and Raziel can stomp out such thoughts anyways. If her opponent does escape the illusion, they are likely to unknowingly be caught in another layer, of which there are millions in Raziel’s case.As these illusions are realized within the inner world of a victim, the fundamental, conceptual basis of their existence, their effects are reflected in full force on both their body and soul. While normal illusions can harm the victim through shock or suggestion, Paracosm Phantasmagoria can do so outright and can kill them with ease. All the energy needed for the illusion is derived from the victim themself, and the strain of this alone can be lethal.
World Operation: The pinnacle of physical magic — the art of world programming, and the manipulation of the universe itself, in all its constituents. Rather than a cohesive, established system, World Operation is physical magic of the highest caliber, and encompasses all lesser disciplines and systems.
Information processing, judication, probability alteration, quantum alchemy, spatial magic, and temporal manipulation alike are all available to a true World Operator, and all can eventually lead to this result, but this level of magic is far greater and more complex than just the physics we know. A World Operator can quickly adapt to alien laws and physics, controlling them in the same way, and in time, it ventures deeper into the territory of magic, to a realm unbound by all conventional law and science.
World Operation is one of the many forms of magic that Raziel contains extensive knowledge on. While they can use it themself, like all of their knowledge, it is best utilized by a host, though the complexity of the magic makes it difficult to share with others.
- Akashic Record: Raziel can back up their processing power by connecting themself to distant portions of space and time, essentially transforming portions of the space-time continuum into supportive processing units. Through this technique, Raziel can greatly compress even the largest banks of information without losing any data, allowing for much, much faster processing and vast storage space.
- Bit Contraction / Expansion: Raziel can change the length of actions, either increasing or decreasing the amount of time it takes to perform a certain action. For example, they can make instant attacks take a quantifiable amount of time, or do the opposite to have a host’s attacks occur instantly. Or they can infinitely extend the amount of time it takes for an opponent to move or think, leaving them helpless.This can be used to extend the amount of time it would take a dying person to pass on and truly die, and Raziel can use it on themself or their host in such a situation, but not to such a degree that death could be staved off through that alone. It will inevitably catch up, faster and faster, without medical attention. They could also do the opposite to ensure someone dies faster.
- Judicator: Using their knowledge on Heaven technology and physics, Raziel can control and create laws, applying them over a wide area if they please. This refers to both conventional physical laws and magical ones, including the conceptual weapons utilized by Heaven. Any attempt to go against these laws is impossible without using magic to twist and break them, just as it is impossible to go against the laws of physics. Raziel can put this knowledge to good use with ease, often incarnating physical laws on the spot, or using their abilities to transform ordinary objects into combat-ready laws.
- Multiplicative Onslaught: By manipulating arithmetic, Raziel can literally multiply their host’s attacks, turning a single strike into two, or ten, or even a hundred, all of which happen simultaneously. This allows them to push their offense further and further, while overwhelming any defenses through sheer volume of attacks.
- Phase Shift: Raziel operates on surrounding space to compact, introduce, and/or remove dimensions, allowing them to vastly expand their host’s field of movement while limiting their opponents’. Through this, Raziel and their host can control their own dimensional structure, taking on new dimensions to move in a variety of impossible ways and attack from many newly-formed angles at once, while shedding them to avoid retaliation. They can even control temporal dimensions in this way.This also inhibits their opponents, as Raziel can divert their attacks to other dimensions, and they can even collapse these dimensions to shrink things down to the Planck scale. Or they could simply erase them and leave nothing behind.
- System Administrator: Raziel’s position as a natural law allows them to easily interface with and even control the universal cloud of data, information, and angelic thoughts that is Yesod. In Heaven, Yesod connects to all computers and angels and acts as the foundation for their communications system, almost like a hive mind that all angels instinctively use to communicate and share information. It functions on a multi-dimensional scale, with higher-ranking, more secretive channels existing on different frequencies and dimensions.Due to Raziel’s abandonment by Jophiel, they have been cut off from Yesod, but they still possess the knowledge and processing power to force themself onto many of Yesod’s communication channels.Yesod can also be used as a foundation for World Operation, as it is integrated into Heaven’s base reality and can thus be programmed to reprogram and manipulate parts of Heaven. While Raziel can use Yesod as a medium for many of their powers, they do not need it to do so and can easily manipulate similar networks and clouds in the same way.
Prometheus Dream: The very core of Raziel’s being, of the symbiotic existence they seek, a symbiotic inner world that they share with their most beloved host, Harahel. It is the dream they have for the future, the dream they share with Harahel, an inner world that can only manifest along with that of a host thanks to Raziel’s longing for a bond greater than what they once had with Jophiel. It is with Harahel that they find this bond, and their relationship brings forward this inner world.
Continuously active so long as Raziel is bonded to their favorite host, Harahel, Prometheus Dream is a support-based inner world that amplifies the both of them, bringing out the best in the both of them. Raziel’s abilities automatically work to perfect Harahel’s inner world, shoring up weaknesses and shortcomings to make it more efficient. Its self-destructive applications are lessened, and what remains is divided between Raziel and Harahel, lessening what Harahel must burden. Thanks to Raziel and Harahel’s combined efforts, countering stronger spells and phenomena becomes easier, as their wills come together to accomplish this. In addition, Raziel can work to improve other inner worlds that Harahel has replicated and stored, allowing them to, given time, bring them to their ideal, optimal states.
Raziel is also amplified by this union, with more of their existence and structure opening up to Harahel, making their knowledge more accessible. Thanks to Harahel’s support, Raziel’s functions vastly increase in scope, and their relentless, self-destructive attempts to perfect themself become more controllable, with Harahel aiding in this. Not only does Harahel help them in this, but their presence provides an endless source of inspiration and motivation for Raziel, allowing them to operate with greater creativity. Finally, thanks to Raziel’s more comprehensible information, Harahel can share their knowledge with others more freely.
Naturally, Harahel has had the chance to fully analyze Prometheus Dream, and they can thus replicate it just like any other inner world. However, when with Raziel, the original Prometheus Dream’s own nature will protect Harahel from any negative side effects, making it 100% safe to replicate all the time, unlike other inner worlds. No changes to their personality will occur, allowing Harahel to freely replicate Raziel, primarily to gain access to their masterful compatibility with medical techniques, which cannot be replicated normally. As Harahel has complete access to Raziel’s knowledge by this point, this is the biggest boon it provides, allowing Harahel to give Raziel medical attention with their level of skill even in the midst of combat.
In essence, their strong bond has allowed Raziel and Harahel to join together far stronger than before, opening up their inner worlds to each other in a show of absolute, unconditional trust. They’re better synchronized than ever before as a result, acting at their best, together.
Override Sigil: An extremely advanced form of magical technique used to change the nature of reality around and within the user, allowing them to bend and break through the laws of physics. Due to their complexity, Override Sigils are incredibly difficult to create, use, and control properly, requiring detailed knowledge and a powerful will. In addition, they tend to, invariably, drain a lot of energy and stamina, making it difficult to use them for extended periods of time, even if this can be mitigated by more powerful and willful agents.
- Relative Lightspeed: A common form of Override Sigil that is ultimately developed in some form or another by most agents as they increase in power and speed. Normally, it would be impossible for even an incredibly powerful and willful agent to break through a universal constant such as the speed of light, theoretically requiring infinite magical energy to do so. However, this Override Sigil circumvents this issue by modifying the user's inner world to change the value of c to whatever they please, raising it as they grow in speed so that they can accelerate past the universal speed limit.
Raziel is the best angel and the best waifu.
- Many of the lore blogs are likely the product of Harahel and Raziel's research, in-universe, though the contents would certainly be a little different.