Always thought this was ridiculous when it happened, now i know why. I tell everyone about this for a reason. At the very least this is peak human. You'll see why. And no i did watch it come, suddenly it was point blank in front my face and i quickly shifted my head to the right and nothing touched me.
Me reacting to a bee at point blank going fast (When i say fast, i mean zoom. As if that thing had somewhere to go. I did actually dodge btw)
Values i use for distance from my face and the bee
9 inches = .2286m (Lowball. This is not accurate, but it's good to see what i know what my reactions are better than) 5 inches = .127m (More accurate, i think slightly closer. 3 or 4)
A bee can fly 15 - 20 mph
values i used for bee speed in this scenario
5 mph = 2.24m/s (Lowball, considering i said zoom)
7.5 mph = 3.35m (Nothing lower than that)
10 mph = 4.4704m/s (Possibly)
15 mph = 6.7056m/s (Likely)
I used 9 inches first which is inaccurate af but impressive still
.23/2.24 = .10 seconds aka (100 miliseconds, and that's way lower than actuality)
.23/3.35 = .07 seconds (70 miliseconds, and this is still wrong)
.23/4.4704 = .05
.23/6.71 = .034 (34 miliseconds)
.127/2.24 = 0.05 (50 miliseconds, impressive but this was not moving at 5 mph)
.127/3.35 = 0.04 (40 miliseconds)
.127/4.4704 = .028 (28 milseconds. Scary)
.127/6.71 = 0.18 (18 milseconds)
What i think more accurate from experience
.1/4.4704 = .02 (20 miliseconds)
For perspective, like the average joe might punch at 15-20 mph. This is almost like if not the same as dodging a punch that fast while it is a few inches from the face. No im not talking about watching it release and then reach you to dodge, but if you turned your head, and a 15 mph fist was close to your face.... If it really was going that fast. But, i lowballed my experience. Even the lowball is peak human. And it was indeed closer than 5. Does not surprise me being in subsonic range as i always was confident i can react to a fucking arrow or cross bow. Maybe not a point blank. But i always had that confidence i could react to a speedy arrow. Next thing i know, subsonic reaction speed feats. Not really a coincidence.
There is other things just as ridiculous.
1. I remember washing the dishes pretty aggressively to get stains out, my face was fairly close to the water, water splashed up extremely quickly to which i dodged pretty easy. I questioned did i really just dodge that. Who tf reacts to water splashes, and up close going that fast?
2. I remember back in high school, it was rainy so roofs were wet ig. I remember walking to lunch, and i sort of dodged a water droplet. No i did not see it coming. It was above my head so it was not visible until it reached eye level. idk exactly where i saw it from, but i definitely reacted and moved as soon as it became visible. It was close to my face. Like the moment it was visible i, moved. Who does that..?
3. Same as the bee but with a fly. Albeit this was after i came out of the bathroom. As soon as i looked up, a fly was in front of my face. As close as the bee if not closer. Yet i dodged it anyway. Probably dodged each other tho
4. There was a wasp nest outside my door, one went for the back of my neck cause it was in a bun, and the moment it made contact i ducked my head, and screamed. Threw it off me. Smart cause had i actually smacked it off, it would probably get the rest to attack. Yet i instinctively ducked, which was the best decision as i did not bother it and it was quicker thinking.
5. Whenever i sort of tripped up the steps, as soon as my face was about to hit the metal, i twisted my body in a quick motion to avoid it.
6. Reacted to a small green bug that flies. I was sort of staring at it up close as i wanted to see what it was. It flew up extremely quickly and i dodged that.
7. Preventing myself from swallowing food unsafely countless times by using my reflexes and catching it at the tip of my throat
There are dozens of examples why i think my reactions are not normal. I think something is wrong with my brain loweky but not in a bad way. I remember i reacted to the wind cause it blew a certain way. Yes the wind made me flinch. My body is always ready to move quickly.
Idk which one is the most impressive. Personally, the water droplet one had me dumbfounded the most. Then the bee, then i think the fly one, then the dishes one. They were all pretty wtf. The water droplet one still has me questioning if i really did that to this day. I wont forget that.
I dont think none of that were my limits either. They were all done with no issue.
I'd recommend having a blog put up for it somewhere on the main site, here, preferably, such that anyone can access it readily. I'd also take note of
"To be on this list, your character must have detailed explanations on most of their abilities and why the character can use it (also it's recommended that the character is of good quality anyways so that their chances of entering this list increases), so that we can prevent anyone from simply creating a character just to get on here."
That is, I'd explain how Ruby's powers work here on the main site rather than outsource the explanations to another Wiki.
Ah I see, I used to have the techniques and some of her abilities on the page too, but thought it got way too long, so I linked it to the VericulumVenatrix Wikia instead. Now that I know of the existence of Blogs and all, I can just link it to the main page/Ruby's page and all later then.
Thank you again for the help, last time I used the wikia was somewhere early to mid 2018 and a few things changed since then, so your help is much appreciated.
It's not a problem. If that much still doesn't do it, mind, note that Scroll Boxes, Tabbers, etc. can also cut down on the amount of space that it occupies on the page (though it also occasionally results in janky interactions when viewing it on mobile.)
...on second thought, I'm holding off on some of the changes to the page/the verse as a whole, since I may be planning something of a larger-scale soft reboot here in a few months. So, I suppose there's nothing much to wait for.
When you have time could you check out Meyers about grammar erros and else. I was thinking put him to featured characters, maybe not 4.5, but next thread. I know there is errors. I would appreciate it.
If you are sometime very bored you can fix others my Tales of nephilm verse pages. I not asking you fix them instantly, but if you have spare time. My own english skill ae good at listening and speaking, but at writing they are lacking.