|Full Name||Joseph Kagami|
|Titles/Aliases||Joe (By Rosa and pretty much everyone)|
|Family||Samuel Kagami (Father)†|
Student at Lexida Academy
|Mage Type||Combat Mage
Joseph Kagami is the deuteragonist of the Shardsverse series. He is the childhood friend and best friend of the protagonist, Rosa Everrin, and a senior at Evergreen High. Joseph is an orphan who was raised by his grandmother after both of his older sisters disappeared when he was younger for unknown reasons.
Joseph was born on September 20, 2002 to Samuel Kagami and Karina Kagami. At the age of 5, he moved to Evergreen, Oregon where he met his best friend, Rosa. He never met his older sisters but was aware of their existence due to tales passed on by his grandmother. Currently, Joseph is the Salutatorian of Evergreen High and is behind Rosa, who is the Valedictorian.
Joseph is a tall young man. He has pale skin which causes other people to think that he is of Scandinavian descent. He believed this fact until his grandmother revealed to him that he wasn't. Joseph has short, spiky brown hair and sapphire blue eyes. His bangs cover portions of his forehead. He wears various outfit over the course of the series but his most commonly seen outfit is a navy blue hoodie and black pants.
In his battle gear, he wears a long-sleeved hunter's jacket that is silver in coloration with a brown leather hunter's vest on top. Above it, he wears a long billowing dark blue hooded cape that reaches down to his ankles. On his forearms are silver vambraces with a hidden dart launcher inside of it. He wears long black pants and sound muffling boots.
Joseph is an outgoing extrovert who can pretty much get along with anyone. He is what Rosa refers to as a "social chameleon" as he is able to fit into nearly any sort of social situation. Due to his personality, Joseph is fairly popular at his school. A stark contrast to his friend, Rosa, as other people look at the two. The most common comparison made between them refers to Rosa as a dark raven that stays away from everyone while Joseph is a white swan that everyone flocks to. Most people who knew his parents state that he is more like Karina despite looking like Samuel.
When it was discovered that Rosa was the Ever-Being, Joseph stuck with her despite the dangers that came with being associated with her. He is very loyal to her, calling her his best friend and vowing to never leave her side. He also strives to be powerful to be able to better protect her from threats that might come for both them and for her. Joseph has mixed feelings about his sisters seeing as they practically abandoned him but he gives Zoe the benefit of the doubt as she did not have much of a choice in Nyx's decision to leave him on Materia.
Despite the fact that he often berates his friend for her antics, he, nevertheless, finds himself laughing at all of her pranks.
Combat Parameter Gauge
Vol I CPG Score
|Total||Physical Capability||Magical Capability||Mana Saturation||Intellect|
|Total||Physical Capability||Magical Capability||Mana Saturation||Intellect|
|Total||Physical Capability||Magical Capability||Mana Saturation||Intellect|
Tier: 7-C | At least 6-C | Low 6-B with Transcendence | 6-B | 5-B with Primal Transcendence | 2-B
Classification: Human, Mage, Hunter
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Aura, Magic (Joseph was born with large amounts of mana that was inherited from his parents, especially his father who was a member of the Kagami Family, a family of combat mages born with extremely powerful magic. Joseph, unlike Zoe who is an Elementalist, is a shamanist. He manipulates the natural forces and the life forces of other beings. Joseph can summon the spirits of animals he has killed as well as create elemental golems. He also knows Elemental Magic such as Lightning and Air.), Electromancy (Joseph specializes in Electromancy, magic involving the use of electricity. He is able to control and channel electricity in the form of attacks and even defense as he is seen shrouding himself in an electrical barrier field to deflect attacks.), Magnetism Manipulation (Can manipulate magnetic fields, allowing him to control magnetic metals.), Animism (Joseph can infuse life energy into inanimate objects, creating golems to fight for him.), Status Effect Inducement via Animism (Can use nature-based magic to poison his opponents or possibly even paralyze them.), Astral Manipulation (As a Shamanist, Joseph can draw power from the Spirit Plane of Seretaro, the God of Wisdom, and use astral-infused mana in combat.), Summoning (Joseph can summon the spirits of beings that he has slain to aid him.), Flight via Skyline Predator, Aeromancy (Joseph can use Air-Based magic but utilizes it for defensive purposes.), Forcefield Creation (Can create barriers of varying levels capable of deflecting and blocking attacks from his opponents. His strongest barrier is capable of withstanding his older sister's Til Death Do Us Part Spell.), Dimensional Travel/Teleportation (The Phase Spell is capable of allowing mages to travel between dimensions.), Expert Hand to Hand Combatant, Skilled Archer, Skilled Swordsman, Information Analysis, Limited Precognition (With the Hunter's Gaze, Joseph can analyze the heartbeats, breathing, and mannerisms of other people, even the most minute of mannerisms, and allows him to predict their next move with terrifying accuracy. Asta has banned him from using Hunter's Gaze during their Conquest matches in the Tabletop Club.), Enhanced Vision via Hunter's Gaze (Joseph can see extremely vast distances with Hunter's Gaze, with his left eye becoming akin to an extremely powerful scope. The farthest Joseph can currently see is 2.5 kilometers. The Hunter's Gaze also allows him to see heat signatures, making him able to see opponents that are hidden.), Petrification (A sub-power of his Eye, known as the Gorgon's Stare. It allows Joseph to temporarily petrify his opponents in place by creating a durable coating of mana around their entire form.), Limited Durability Negation (The Hunter's Gaze allows him to see the weaknesses in his opponent's armor and attacks those weak points, completely bypassing their defense. However, this does not work on an opponent whose armor is considered "complete" in the sense that it presents no weakness.), Awaken Power via Hunter's Eye: Eagle's Vision and Sniper Mode (Joseph's eyes are enhanced to the point where he can see even the most minute twitch that a person can make before they move. He is able to see at an increased distance of up to 5 to 7 km. He can also detect extremely small changes in color and light and can see extremely well in the dark.), Resistance to Illusion Manipulation (Joseph can see through illusions with his Hunter's Gaze) and Perception Manipulation (Joseph is highly resistant to magic involving perception.), Sleep Manipulation (Managed to fight off and break through a sleep spell during the Tournament Arc.), Telekinesis (Held off Vortimus's telekinesis for several seconds before the Trinity Member upped the pressure and pinned him.), Electricity Manipulation (Brushed off a full power lightning blast from Ariel, who was a forefront Lightning Mage at the school.), Conceptual Manipulation (Can resist the effects of concept magic for a certain period of time.), Disease Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, and Transmutation (Resisted the effects of Morius's Ferus Toxus, a spell that passively coverts every living being around it into a horrible amalgamation of metal and flesh. Users of Mana possess a natural immunity to most natural diseases bar mana reliant diseases.)
All previous abilities including Pressure Manipulation (Can use exert "pressure" using magnetism.), Telekinesis, Afterimage Creation and Duplication (Joseph can create "afterimage clones" in which he can move in between and give the afterimages the illusion of mass and density), Fire Manipulation (Learned several fire spells from his sister, Zoe.), Hacking, Dream Manipulation (Can manifest dreams from his allies in the form of weapons and use them against his foes. Likewise, he can also summon nightmares from their subconscious to fight alongside them.), Illusion Manipulation via Serpent's Gaze (Learned how to use the Serpent's Gaze after reading about it from his mother's journal. The Serpent's Gaze allows him to project a field illusion or cast illusions via eye contact.), Explosion Manipulation via Explosive Arrows, Poison Manipulation via Poison Arrows, Disease Manipulation and Transmutation via Ferrus Arrows, Ice Manipulation via Frost Song Arrows, Summoning via Astral Beast Callers
All previous abilities including, Water Manipulation (With Primal Magic Sapphire, Joseph gained immense control over water itself, allowing him to command and shape it effortlessly. Joseph can also utilize water to directly harm non-corporeal beings), Hope Manipulation (As Saphira also governs and embodies the concept of Hope, Joseph, as a user of Primal Sapphire, can control and manipulate the concept of hope to a degree to the point where he can remove all hope from his opponents' sending them into such despair that they can be driven to suicide.), Absolute Zero via Niflheim Zone Emission, Ice Manipulation, Void Manipulation via Abyss Concept (Joseph is capable of controlling the concept of Abyss which is linked to the concept of Ocean, allowing him to somewhat control the void.), Existence Erasure via Abyss Concept (Joseph was able to erase Balberith from existence using the Abyss Concept.), Weather Manipulation, Blood Manipulation (Joseph can control inter and intracellular fluids, allowing him to control blood. He is not limited to blood but can also control other cells in the body due to them containing some form of liquid inside of them.), Body Control via Blood Manipulation and Biological Manipulation (Can force his nerves to rapidly fire, giving him an accelerated thought process and allows his body to send and receive messages to the point where his own body parts have a mind of his own. The applications of this allow him to have a pseudo-version of Rosa's Automated Response of her Primal Magic Ruby.), Regeneration (Mid Low; Can force his cells to rapidly divide and clot his blood, healing any wounds that would normally leave severe scarring.)
All previous powers enhanced greatly
All previous powers enhanced immensely
Attack Potency: Small Town Level (Managed to fight off one of Taran's most powerful flesh golems which was well on its way to leveling the entire town of Aurbis. He managed to drive Zeta off after she defeated Rosa albeit she was weakened from her battle with her. Can create a large rain of arrows that is able to damage large portions of an entire city easily.)| At least Island Level (Fought and damaged Isabella Erodan during the Celestial Tournament but ultimately lost in the end.)|Small Country Level (Should be comparable to Transcendent Rosa. Rosa was able to fight off a non-serious Taran. Joseph was able to trade blows with Zoe during a sparring match. Nearly fought evenly with Asta, albeit she was holding back her strength.) | Country Level (Fought Eria, a high ranking member of the Cult of Obsidian and the subordinate of his older sister evenly. Eria was casting a spell capable of wiping Illoran off the map several times over.) | Planet Level (After reaching Primal Transcendence, Joseph was able to fight on equal levels with Base Taran, who with his magic, could pull the moon down and slam it onto the Earth at the end of Vol 2.) | Multiverse Level (By the end of the series, Joseph, following his training with the God Eterion, was able to fight on even terms with Taran Estus in his Transcended Form and defeated him. With Primal Magic Sapphire, Joseph was able to severely damage Primus in his battle with Taran, shaking the very realm down to its base.)
Speed: Peak Human, Transonic to Subsonic via Magic | Subsonic, Higher via Magic | Hypersonic, Massively Hypersonic to Sub-Relativistic via Bright Light Gloria and Transcendence (Was able to escape and regularly dodge the gattling turrets on Natrium during the Natrium Arc after Nyx had taken over the prison. Dodged a blast from the Guardian Dragon of Natrium) | Relativistic, FTL in Transcendence | FTL, Higher in Transcendence. Massively FTL in Primal Transcendence
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Small Town Class|Small Country Class|Small Moon Class
Durability: Small Town Level|Small Country Level|Small Moon Level
Stamina: Peak Human
Range: Extended Melee Range to Several Hundred Meters (Can strike targets several hundred meters away)|Several Hundred Meters to a few thousand kilometers with Spells|Multiversal with Teleportation
- Skyline Predator: Skyline Predator is Joseph's bow. The bow is made of an extremely durable yet light metal known as Hydronium. The bow splits into two curved shortswords and which can channel magic through them.
Intelligence: While he is behind Rosa, Joseph is the Salutatorian of his school. He has good grasp at concepts in both academia and magic allowing him to learn complex spells mostly affiliated with the Lightning Element. He learned archery from a teacher at the town of Aurbis, learning how to hit the target, just the target, after a few hits and eventually evolved to be a fairly good archer. Though not as good at strategy as Sara, Joseph is capable of coming up with multi-step plans complete with backups given the information presented to him. This has led him to be offered a position in the school's chess club.
Weaknesses: His weakness comes in the form of Rosa as he will gladly jump in harm's way to save her. His abandonment issues can also be turned against him which can mess with his mental state, making him sloppy in battle, allowing people to defeat him.
- Top Physical Conditioning: Prior to coming to Etheria, Joseph was an athlete and a member of the Track and Field Team at Evergreen High School. He trained every day and was a renowned athlete, whose skills naturally translated over to his combat skills, allowing him to train rather easily and pick up combat much easier than Rosa. He possessed above-average strength at the time and could overpower lower mages due to their overreliance on their magic. Over time, Joseph's resilience and physical prowess grew to the point where he could overpower opponents such as Morius Eldran, a Trinity Member, and knock him down with physical blows. He possessed great natural durability, being able to stay conscious as his older sister, Nyx, beat him into the ground during their first encounter and being able to get back on his feet after being knocked aside by the Guardian Dragon during the Natrium Arc.
- Skilled Hand to Hand Combatant: Originally worse than most of the students at Lexida, Joseph gradually learned how to fight from his older sister, Zoe Kagami. He utilizes the family style of Sora no Ken, however, even with that, he is not rooted down to any form of martial arts. He is an analytical fighter by heart, having inherited the skill from both parents. He uses flaws in his opponent's fighting style and uses it against them. With this skill, he is capable of mimicking and integrating the strengths of others styles and discarding any flaws that are detected to create what he refers to as the "perfect martial art". In addition to that, he is capable of beating down opponents twice his size and briefly being able to fight people much stronger than he is. He was able to land one punch on Nyx even after being weakened by an extremely brutal beating from his older sister. With magic, Joseph's speed and strength go through the roof and this often allows him to be reckless, mercilessly beating down and blocking the attacks of his opponents.
- Master Archer: A hobby that was translated into a combat skill. Joseph is a master archer by virtue being able to virtually and consistently hit bull's eyes with almost no problem or struggle. He is stated to be able to shoot an arrow straight even on a windy day, being able to account for wind speed and trajectory without the need for aid. He is capable of shooting and hitting others without even needing to glance.
- Master Dagger Wielder: Picking it up as a secondary weapon in the event that his bow breaks, Joseph is a proficient dagger wielder.
- High Level Intellect: While ultimately second to Rosa in all things that fall under the category of intelligence, Joseph is by no means a slouch. Being the more studious of the two, Joseph was the Salutatorian of his class prior to the event of Shardsverse. His mind is capable of processing faster than that of an average person, allowing him to think and compute multiple problems and situations at once. He is a proficient in Spanish and German and was quickly able to pick up the language in Etheria with Rosa stating that he had a gift for language that she lacked. This ultimately led to her relying on him for any help when it came to learning a language and anything of the like. Like his mother, Joseph is a quick-study when it came to technology and easily deciphered his mother's diary of blueprints for Natrium's Planetary Forcefield, allowing him to easily break into and disable it from a remote terminal.
- Cooking: Unlike Rosa, Joseph is touted to be a supreme chef. His cooking skills are renowned amongst his friends. Rosa likens it to an RPG player who invested all their skill points into cooking and Asta often wonders whether or not Joseph was blessed by a God when it came to that area. Unlike Asta, Joseph is particularly skilled in multiple cuisines whereas she is only skilled when it comes to sweets.
- Magical Level and Prowess: Joseph possesses large mana pools with his CPG boasting a mana saturation score of 18,500, one of the highest in his class. He possessed enough skill to manipulate and shape it into basic magical blasts which he used frequently during battle and could use it to enhance his speed, defense, and strength. Overtime, his control grew more and more precise to the point where he was able to coat his body in a thin lining of mana, almost like an invisible forcefield. Said field was rather durable and could deflect most forms of magic. Likewise, as his control grew, his reserves grew as well, growing larger and larger as the journey went on to the point where he could release an immense magical pressure that could crack solid rock and create localized tremors that are capable of destroying small buildings at a mere release of its aura.
Key: Base|Transcended|Primal Transcended