|“||Wherever you go I will be the shadow in your wake. Whatever you touch I will be the death that visits soon after. Your god will rue your conception and your soul will be mine. I swear it.||„|
|~ Hrothgar Grimwald|
|“||A renowned and respected former leader of the Church, Grimwald revealed his true colors after orchestrating the fall of the Church from within, abusing the necrotic energies of the corrupted leylines to destroy the city. He has opened up to worship of Orcus, using the city to fuel his undead armies.||„|
|~ The Scourge of Ratholme|
Hrothgar Grimwald was the leader of the cult dedicated to Orcus centered in Ratholme, a major religious metropolis in the Yeomanry. After organizing the downfall of the city's main priesthood (via abusing the corrupted leylines, powerful centers of magic tjhat had been tainted by Flagg's touch), Hrothgar was responsible for raising his cult's power by the hundreds and calling out to Orcus (with the help of Feraldar, the Blackmont Lich) in order to turn the city into an undead engine.
Despite his best efforts (and those of his armies and mercenaries of the Underdark), Hrothgar was overtaken by the party through combined efforts of them all. With his dying words he vowed ruin and destruction upon Tork, who struck the final blow.
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Name: Hrothgar Grimwald, The Dark Angel of Orcus, Mountain of Dread
Origin: D&D Homebrew
Classification: Human Paladin of Slaughter
Birthplace: The Yeomanry
Weight: 166.47 kg
Height: 215.9 cm
Affiliation: The Cult of Orcus
Previous Affiliations: The Church of St. Cuthbert
Tier: High 8-C
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Blessed, Holy Manipulation, Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, Aura, Statistics Amplification, Pain Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Statistics Reduction, Necromancy, Disease Manipulation, Non-Physical Interaction (Can interact with abstracts, conceptual creatures, incorporeal monsters, spirits, and nonexistent beings), Forcefield Creation, Healing, Insect Manipulation, Summoning, Telepathy, Magic, Fear Manipulation, Corruption (Type 2), Water Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, Adaptation, Power Bestowal, Darkness Manipulation, Self-Morality Manipulation, Limited Poison Manipulation, Standard D&D Resistances
Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Can push over 1.8 metric tons)
Striking Strength: Large Building Class+
Durability: Large Building level+ (Can withstand attacks from similarly powerful beings)
Stamina: Superhuman, comparable to adventurers
Range: Extended melee, over a hundred meters with magic
Standard Equipment: Fire-Resistant Adamantine Plate Armor, Adamantine Tower Shield, Ghost-Touch Flail, Gem-Studded Dagger, Ring of Protection, Ring of Force-Shield, Staff of Swarming Insects, Helm of Telepathy, Wand of Cure Wounds
Intelligence: Gifted, maintains an intelligence score of 16, making him comparable to near-geniuses capable of manipulating the Weave.
Weaknesses: Finite pool of holy power allotted to him by Orcus
- Debilitating Aura: Enemies around Hrothgar passively receive stat debuffs, making them easier to hit- this also renders Hrothgar immune to conventional fear effects.
- Deadly Touch: In an attempt to claim the target's corpse in the name of Orcus, a Paladin of Slaughter may grab a foe, draining their life essence and instill a notion of death in them.
- Cause Disease: Hrothgar can reap crippling diseases in his enemies to weaken or even kill them.
- Rebuke Undead: Due to his mastery over the realm of death, Hrothgar is granted the ability command them, warding them off or ordering them to halt.
- Smite Good: Several attacks per day can be given inherent extra strength against foes on the side of good.
- Cause Fear: In those weak of heart, Hrothgar grants a renewed idea of fear, terrifying the mind into numbness.
- Darkness: Generally a last resort, this magical inky black will shield the user from the eyes of even the most nimble naked eyes, allowing for hasty retreat.
- Bull's Strength: Allows Hrothgar to increase his strength massively.
NOTE: As usual, not all spells Hrothgar has access to are shown- if used, a question should be asked about what abilities he has access to. Those shown are merely his top choices as far as what he would use.