Some are invisible, most are made of energy. Many powers allow users to generate force-fields. They may be nearly any shape or size and may be created from energy, plasma, or some type of particles. Many magic users create force-fields to protect themselves from incoming attacks. Force-fields are not impenetrable, usually requiring an energy drain or extreme weight to be broken. Some users may be able to throw shields away from themselves or to catch things with them. Other users may be able to mold them into any shape.
- Create forcefields for protection from physical attacks
- Create specific forcefields to prevent things from leaving/entering
- Generate forcefields around an object and levitate it in a telekinetic manner
- Create forcefields inside an object or person, and expand the forcefield so that the object or person explodes
- Create flat forcefields to use as platforms
- Surround their fists in forcefields to send a powerful punch
- Limited flight by using a forcefield and levitating it
- Create an area for breathing where doing so can be dangerous, allowing navigation through toxic gas or vacuum
- Bind a shield into a small shape and throw it at an opponent
- Trap a target in a shield
It should be noted that any type of defense field that does not actually block anything from entering but merely detects it (such as En in Hunter X Hunter) is not usually considered a forcefield.