The manipulation of the blood: This ability allows the user to, in one way or another, affect the blood. There are many variations and how each user applies the powers depends solely on the series: Some go from modifying it to transforming it, to using it as a weapon (for example, by making constructs of blood to overcome their foes); while others use the technique to protect or even enhance their bodies.
The more dangerous users can affect the body as a whole, rewriting the genetic code of blood cells or manipulate the very blood that runs in the veins of their opponents, therefore negating conventional durability.
- Manipulation of blood as the liquid: A kind of manipulation of the water/liquid, allowing the blood to be controlled as any other liquid material, changing its shape or structure (for example, increasing density), or even giving some unusual for normal blood properties (e. g.: creating sharp blades out of blood). Also, by manipulating someone else's blood, this ability allows one to kill the enemy at a distance, just by tearing apart their blood vessels.
- The manipulation of blood as a source of energy: Can transform the blood into energy, replenishing the user's strength at the expense of other living beings. Usual vampire's ability. Many can amplify their statistics and battle performance by consuming blood as well.
- The manipulation of blood as an information object: Allows one to both read information from the blood (learning everything about the victim), and change it by acting directly on the genetic code. Due to this, the user can turn a person into something - or someone - fundamentally different.
- Blood Magic: Due to increased energy and information capacity of the blood, it can also be effectively used for the creation of certain spells. In particular, even a drop of blood can be enough to summon creatures to aid the user in battle. Also, if the user has some of the enemy's blood, they might be able to remotely impose a curse on them, or even to kill.
- User may end up depleting their own blood if they don't use this power carefully.
- Depending on the user, the more they use this power, the more their own life energies will be lost as well, and they might need to consume the blood of other beings in order to replenish their powers - or else they won't be able to use them as effectively, and might even die.
- Many applications of this power are useless against a being without blood (such as a spiritual being or a machine).