|“||I've seen beyond the grave. There is little there worth stealing.||„|
Arcanther is a Rakhasta thief hailing from the Isle of Dread, found within the Forbidden City. After encountering the party and being freed by his mongrel man captors, Arcanther joined the party and became a major character in the story, becoming renowned for dying and simply coming back, being nicknamed "Deathless".
Arcanther is a major ally of Vaerun, and the Shade's protege rogue, leading the Serth LaKresh thieves guild alongside Ferrax Highborne.
At one point, after one of many deaths Arcanther has endured, his limbs no longer could function. In response to this, Arcanther has been gifted the limbs of monstrous beings, becoming an abomination and a much more deadly killer. Arcanther has suffered many trials, including reincarnation as a gnome and becoming possessed by a vampiring serial killer's soul, hiding within a sword named Blackrazor.
It is known that at some point prior to being fused with beastly flesh, Vaerun turned Arcanther into a Shade.
Originally, Arcanther was an enormous Black Panther Rakhasta, a anthropomorphic species of cat. He had a wild and ferocious look to him, and utilized claw weapons over all others, often fighting with his bare claws and teeth. However, after becoming mangled by death after death, it was decided by Vaerun that he would be granted the prosthetic limbs of other terrible creatures.
Arcanther is clever and visceral, relying on his immense speed and tact to kill, as well as his latent martial skill in his claws. Outside of combat, Arcanther is snide but witty, preferring to outsmart and trick those in the room so long as it benefits himself.
Arcanther has a fundamental world view regarding the placement of certain objects in the universe and correcting the error made by the gods- namely, he prefers that all money belong to him. Money belonging to others just seems wrong somehow.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Origin: D&D Homebrew
Classification: Rakhasta Rogue
Date of Birth: 509 AR
Birthplace: Isle of Dread
Weight: 94.81 kg
Height: 193.04 cm
Likes: Money, Stealth
Dislikes: Other People Having Money, Undead
Eye Color: Yellow
Hair Color: Black
Hobbies: Picking Locks, General Theft
Values: Valuable Things
Martial Status: ???
Affiliation: Serth LaKresh
Previous Affiliation: The Guardians
Tier: High 8-C | Low 7-C | 7-B
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Stealth Mastery, Martial Arts, Claw Mastery, Poison Manipulation, Extrasensory Perception, Healing, Magical Enhancements, Probability Manipulation via Luck Stone, Resurrection via Necklace of Revivify, Non-Physical Interaction, Enhanced Senses, Standard D&D Resistances | Same as base plus Statistics Reduction, Fire Manipulation, Shade Physiology, Flight, Statistics Amplification, Longevity | Same as before Body Control, Fire Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Improved Statistics Amplification
Attack Potency: Large Building level+ (Fought the Shadow Rakshasa, who shattered the stone walls around the shadow crystal) | Small Town level+ (Contributed to the fighting of the Desert Djinni, who destroyed desert villages in its path) | City level (Superior to Wrathian and friends when they destroyed Greyhawk by dropping a fragment of Ravenloft onto it)
Lifting Strength: Peak Human | Class 1 | Class 5
Striking Strength: Large Building Class | Small Town Class | City Class
Stamina: Superhuman, battled for hours on end without collapsing
Range: Extended melee | Extended melee, dozens of meters with Shade abilities, up to a hundred meters with Shadowstep (AKA Shadow Stride) | Same as before, universal with Shadow Travel
Standard Equipment: Magical Claws, Various Poison Coatings, Healing Potions, Magic Rings of Protection, Luck Stone, Necklace of Revivify, Girdles of Giant's Strength, Flametongue, Arcblade, Bat Wings
Intelligence: Above Average | Gifted, easily outsmarts even mage types, relieving them of their money | Gifted
Weaknesses: Revivify leaves him heavily weakened and can only be used once a day | Same as before | Same as before
- Killed a Giant Champion in a single round
- Slew an encampment of Ogre Magi before they could react
- Contributed to the battle against Acererak
- Fought evenly with Mogar at Castle Amber
- Shadow Stride: Arcanther can disappear and reappear within nearby shadows.
- Shadow Travel: Similar to Shadow Stride, but has the increased range of anywhere within shadow on the entire plane.
- Poison Claws: Arcanther regularly applies poisons to his weapons to cause death in his living targets.
- Trapsense: Arcanther can passively detect traps.
- Control Light: As a Shade, Arcanther can manually adjust the light level within his locale, turning it to the brightness of the sun to the darkest night.
- Shadesight: Maintains darkvision, piercing even supernatural darkness.
- Shadow Image: Creates a handful of illusory duplicates to distract enemies.
- Invisibility: Can manually become invisible.
- Claw Claw Bite: Arcanther's most notable "move" is pouncing on his target from dozens of meters away and uses his front and rear claws, as well as his teeth, to tear an enemy to shreds quickly. To his disadvantage, he has used this on dead creatures in character, giving him diseases.
Key: Base | Shade Form | Mongrel Form